People Consulting Manager/Senior Manager, Open to flexible working
Job Description Summary:
The rapid evolution of technology, economic and social trends is changing the world of business. We believe organisations need to innovate and adapt to change much quicker, and a key enabler of this is through their people. The People Consulting team supports business leaders to address this by helping clients shape and align their people strategy, ensuring organisation goals are clearly linked to the strategy of the HR Function, and how these translate into clear objectives for people across the business. We work with leaders on the design and delivery of operating models and structures to support their vision and strategy, ensuring we are excellent change managers making transformation and change sustainable. We also know that an organisations culture, leadership and employee value proposition is integral to people engagement, creating a competitive advantage and managing through change.
The People Consulting team is part of Grant Thornton’s People Advisory team, and this role is a key player in the People Advisory team. People Advisory is a key strategic growth enabler for the firm and this role is key in developing this, upskilling the teams which sit within People Advisory nationally, and therefore generating cross-selling opportunities within People Advisory and wider Grant Thornton.
We are looking to speak with candidates from a strong Manager to Associate Director level where you will be responsible for the day to day leadership of projects with minimal oversight from a Director or Partner and will interface directly with client management, stakeholders and other advisors. You will also ensure alignment with other Grant Thornton service lines. An Associate Director will also take the initiative and lead business development activities, internally and externally and will assist with the leadership of the Business Consulting team, including the development of service propositions and team development. You are a project leader and technical experts responsible for leading projects and leveraging the teams resources to maximise revenue.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Clients, client service and markets
- Supports and inputs in to the development and delivery of a clear go-to market plan for People Advisory across all our regions, leveraging our internal resource and external network
- Has a clear set of key accounts for People Advisory, which is the Associate Director’s responsibility to drive and deliver on through excellent account management
- Is a lead/support on writing and developing proposals for targets and clients, including being a lead/support on pitching or as part of a wider pitch team. Will look for innovative ways to deliver the proposals and pitches to set People Advisory apart from the competition.
- Projects a professional image and builds good rapport with the client, with a clear understanding of client expectations
- Interacts confidently with clients, with impact and gravitas
- Day to day client relationship lead role for a range of project sizes and responsibility for client delivery, including leading client meetings and workshops, presentation of project outputs and report drafting
- Leads the scoping and budgeting of client work and obtains client buy-in
- Understands the key operational implications to a project utilising previous transaction, functional and sector experience
- Flexibility to be able to travel to clients premises and respond to client requests at short notice
- Interprets and analyses complex information, identifying business issues and applying technical knowledge appropriately to provide appropriate client solutions
- Has an established external network and a track record of proactively building internal and external networks to generate leads
- Leads the preparation of sales proposals and pitches
- Understands the services of Grant Thornton and takes an active role in cross-selling
- Leads initiatives to raise the awareness of Business Consulting within the Firm
- Plays a key role in marketing events, originating material and presenting to external audiences
- Origination of £250k fees per year
- Lead on up to two projects at one time (delivering £1m+ per year)
- Ownership of a Business Consulting service offering
- Overall responsibility for project budgeting and management of actual costs versus budget
- Ensures fees are collected in a timely manner and debtors kept to a minimum
- Oversees take on procedures carried out by team members, including drafting letters of engagement for director or partner approval
- Oversees file close down on completed projects in accordance with the Firm's policy (including approval sign off)
- Creates a positive team working environment and works effectively and enthusiastically with all members of the team
- Adopts a proactive, 'sleeves rolled up' attitude
- Proactively seeks self-development opportunities to develop technical and softer skills
- Supports the provision of 'on the job' training to Managers and Executives including regular feedback
- Takes responsibility for the development of (assigned) team members, providing regular feedback and coaching as well as carrying out formal performance reviews
- Assists the Director or Partner with the day to day running of the department, leading internal initiatives and providing an appropriate level of delegation and support to other team members