Value Evidence and Outcomes Director, Respiratory, Open to flexible working
The Respiratory therapy area is an exciting place to be with a strong heritage and pipeline as well as many successful launched assets (including Trelegy, Nucala, Breo/Relvar, Anoro, Incruse, Seretide/Advair). This would allow the successful candidate a view across the phases of drug discovery and development, through launch and lifecycle management.
VEO directors in respiratory are critical to assessing the value evidence requirements of our launched and pipeline assets through stakeholder insights and implementing tactics to address these. The successful candidate will work closely with asset teams to address strategic questions. For example, what is the level of unmet need, how do our assets address this versus competitors, what is the key evidence required to address market access challenges at launch and beyond?
The VEO vision is that GSK commercialises medicines of value to internal and external stakeholders. We drive the definition and demonstration of value for GSK medicines, optimising patient benefit and access. We have a particular focus on Real World Evidence (RWE) and believe that GSK will lead the industry in the generation of impactful RWE.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- VEO input into the Integrated Evidence Plan (IEP) in select pipeline assets/indications
- VEO Projects supporting the IEP, bringing required technical knowledge and ensuring high quality of deliverables
- Specific sub-teams, projects, or external collaborations as identified through interactions with VET (Value Evidence Team) including health outcomes, epidemiology, statistics, clinical, medical affairs and potentially lead the VET.
- Transparency of evidence generation activities within the Franchise markets to the IET.
- At direction of Head, TA lead or Sr. Director, VEL, support external collaborations and scientific evidence requirements with reimbursement bodies and decision makers (e.g. formal scientific advice).
- The role(s) will involve working closely with many stakeholders including Early/Medicine Development Leaders, Global Commercial Leads, Physician Leads, RWE and Epidemiology, Patient Focussed Outcomes, Patients in Partnership team, Market Access, Clinical Scientists etc. Areas for partnership will include
- Clinical trial design in alignment with stakeholder insights and the IEP.
- Working with LOC colleagues to ensure local evidence generation needs are met in line with the medicine strategy
- Working with commercial, market access and patients in partnership and other colleagues to gain insights into evidence generation requirements
- Working with teams to drive the medicine strategy and prepare for internal governance reviews
- Key evidence supporting internal governance reviews and reimbursement submissions
- The Value Evidence and Outcomes specific activities as defined in the IEP (Patient Reported Outcomes strategy, economic modelling, real world evidence, indirect comparisons, etc) ensuring the scientific robustness of the study protocol, study execution, analyses, and reporting.
- Impactful publications
- The Value Evidence and Outcomes materials to inform internal governance decision making or support Franchise LOCs' reimbursement activities depending on stage of development.
- Value Evidence and Outcomes input to regulatory documents with accuracy and scientific integrity.
- Compliance with necessary regulations for quality and disclosure.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Monday 18th March (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Masters degree or higher in Health outcomes, patient reported outcomes, health economics, epidemiology, pharmacy, health or life sciences.
- Significant experience in health outcomes or an aligned discipline/function
- Pharmaceutical experience that includes: Drug development and/or and launch experience in support of value evidence generation
- Leadership, networking, communication and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
- Self-motivated ownership and accountability for projects, move them forward, and deliver with minimal supervision
- Strong technical knowledge in key areas including economic modelling and observational studies
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong critical thinking strategically and tactically
- Role requires the incumbent to have the credibility to bring a depth and breadth of experience to address external environmental challenges and develop value evidence generation strategies that will meet decision makers needs
- Doctorate level (e.g. PhD, Pharm D) or higher level degree with commensurate industry and business qualification
- Experience in Respiratory desirable but not mandatory
- Global R&D and/or LOC experience
GlaxoSmithKline is a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative medicines and brands. We discover, make and market life-enhancing products that are used by millions of people around the world, helping them to do more, feel better and live longer. We have 3 primary areas of business in pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare. We have offices in more than 115 countries, major research centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China and an extensive manufacturing network with 87 sites globally. Our three strategic priorities are to grow a diversified global business, deliver products of value, and to simplify our operating model.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.