Human Resources / Health and Safety Co-ordinator & Office Support - Part Time (15hrs week)
Human Resources / Health and
Safety Co-ordinator & Office Support
Salary £25,000 - £30,000 pro-rata (depending on experience)
Permanent Part-Time, based in Acton, London
2 days equivalent (15hrs week), preferably spread over 3 or 4 days. (Hours and days negotiable).
This is a great opportunity for an experienced individual with skills in Human Resources and/or Heath and Safety looking for a part-time position.
Science Projects is a non-for-profit organisation and our charitable objective is to promote learning, curiosity and investigation through the interaction of hands-on exhibits. We are a leading supplier of interactive exhibitions to Science Centres and museums worldwide, with recent projects completed in Denmark, Malaysia and Canada. Our own Science Centre is in Herstmonceux, East Sussex, and this, together with the travelling exhibitions that we rent out, form the charitable side of the organisation.
The purpose of the role is to ensure that we keep on top of company and legal documentation, training and the wellbeing of our team. Part of this role will also involve assistance with general office jobs.
Main duties & responsibilities
HR and Health & Safety:
- Provide general human resources administration to a professional level
- Manage all employee files according to legal requirements, file necessary documentation and ensure files are accurate
- Keep up to date with latest legislation changes in employment law, H&S and data protection, and ensure compliance
- Liaise with external H&S advisor firm and ensure H&S action points are implemented following any meetings
- Manage on-going H&S documentation, continuously review and check the annual H&S planner
- Organise and conduct H&S training sessions
- Support the professional development of staff and arrange external training if needed
- Organise and assist in staff appraisals, and support management in completing agreed action points
- Maintain close communication with management on HR and H&S matters.
Experience & qualifications:
- 3 years of experience in a professional environment (mandatory)
- 2 years of experience in HR/H&S support role (mandatory)
- Bachelor degree (preferred).
- Deal with sensitive information in a confidential and professional manner
- A confident self-starter, highly motivated and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good command of English both written and spoken
- Excellent organisational skills
- Proficient at using outlook, excel, word and systems.
We are based in West London - 10 minutes from Acton Town tube station. We occupy a building with two offices and a workshop where we design and build interactive exhibits (and where the majority of our staff work). The successful candidate will be office based but have a lot of interaction with the workshop. The first floor is currently rented out.
The team at Science Projects:
We are a small, friendly and experienced team. Roles are varied and duties will change from day to day - you may find yourself helping with an unusual task now and then! Our field is very specialised and extremely rewarding, and no two projects are ever the same. Our team of scientists, artists and engineers work together to design and build some of the world’s best and most engaging exhibits and attractions, from human hamster wheels to huge ball firing machines, tackling subjects from Climate Change to Newton’s theories.
To apply please submit your CV and cover letter detailing your suitability for this role, via the application method below.