Demand Planning Manager GB, Open to flexible working
This is a critical position in the Consumer Healthcare UK Supply Chain. Your team will be responsible for providing a robust consensus driven forecast, meaning this role calls for someone who can deliver not only accuracy but also build trust and excellent internal relationships. You will run end to end Demand Planning, ensuring volume and value alignment, across all CH categories. You will contribute to key Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) meetings and will drive improvements using the measurements and reporting of your team's core KPI's. As well as leading the team, you will be personally adept at assimilating and interpreting statistical data to reach factual conclusions. You will be an excellent communicator who can work collaboratively with the Commercial and Supply organisations. You should have a broad Supply Chain knowledge and able to represent the Customer Supply Chain organisation in appropriate forums.
As a leader and manager, you will oversee the performance and accuracy of your team, support them in key decisions and will be responsible for their progression. While they build data models you will need to aggregate the forecast information and align closely with sales to propose accurate sales forecasts and to present this to key, high-level stakeholders
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading the Demand Planning process across a 24-month horizon
- Developing processes to maintain robust Demand Forecasts across short-term (Sales accountability) and long-term (Marketing accountability horizons)
- Building a consensus driven Demand Forecast with Commercial teams, ensuring full volume and value alignment incorporating
- Statistical baseline
- Promotion and repacking uplifts as well as cannibalisation effects.
- Sales (Consumption, Stock in Trade) and Market Intelligence
- New Product Introductions
- Seasonal activity
- SKU Discontinuations
- Interpreting key trends impacting individual channel and account performance.
- Providing expert input into the key Market Core Commercial Cycle (CCC) meetings
- Owning and improve Forecast Accuracy, Forecast Bias and Forecast Completeness KPIs
- Completing full Root Cause analysis and building mitigation plans for key issues impacting performance
- Manage a balanced scorecard of Demand Planning metrics to deliver year on year improvement:
- Forecast Bias, Accuracy and Completeness
- Perform full root cause analysis of forecast accuracy and forecast bias issues to drive improvement in Demand Planning metrics
- Share best practice across the Area, ensure alignment where appropriate across GB & Ireland.
- Manage Demand Forecasting impact on Supply Chain metrics:
- Residual stocks
This position requires an influencer and a communicator. Success will be the result of both direct leadership and cross-functional collaboration, meaning someone who can generate positive working relationships with various teams is essential. Those relationships will not always be easy, and we need someone who can also professionally and successfully handle tension and replace it with trust. You will be someone who delivers complex messages with clarity and will combine analytical skills with broader supply chain knowledge. This position is a leader within the CH supply chain, so you must be able to work well with other managers in this group and continue to build a successful and high performing unit. To succeed you will need to be trusted and highly credible, able to disagree where necessary and to back up your position with thorough, analysis and statistics.
CLOSING DATE for applications: Thursday 28th March (COB)
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process. If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
- Degree level qualification in a relevant field (including mathematics, statistics, supply chain, engineering, business etc.)
- Practical experience with SAP and other planning systems
- Significant practical experience in Demand Planning and Forecasting
- Hands on experience in a line management and leadership position
- Demonstrable sales and commercial skills
- Experience of supply planning and customer service processes
- Expert operator of Microsoft Excel
- Additional and higher-level relevant qualifications (particularly mathematics or statistics)
- Hands on experience with APICS
- Addition relevant training
- Experience in leading a business planning process
GSK is a science-led, global healthcare company that produces innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We are committed to overcoming some of the biggest challenges in global health; delivering products of value in a responsible, sustainable way; and providing access to medicine for the world's poorest communities.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.