Head of Agency Growth, part-time 3- 4 days per week with flexible working
What’s the opportunity?
We are looking for an experienced marketing/biz dev professional to lead the agency’s own marketing efforts and to play a key role in business development and agency growth.
This person will need to be hands-on with every aspect of building the agency’s own brand. This includes responsibility for building and executing an inbound content marketing strategy, managing social media activity, and playing a key role in developing and winning new client opportunities.
The candidate needs to be a real self-starter. You will work closely alongside the agency founders to identify new prospects and maintain a pipeline of opportunities to support the growth of the business and develop the agency brand.
We think this role would be ideal for someone looking for part-time work spanning 3-4 days per week, or who would like to work a reduced number of hours across the week. We are open to flexible and remote working but would expect the successful candidate to spend a minimum of one day per week in the London office (although this is also flexible in terms of hours).
We are looking for a dynamic marketing and new business professional to take responsibility for promoting the work the agency does and driving new business opportunities.
You’ll be well versed in delivering marketing campaigns and will have agency-side experience, and be able to hit the ground running. You will work directly with John and James, the founders of Big Ideas Machine, as part of an agency growth team.
As well as our agency website www.bigideasmachine.com we also own www.biggamesmachine.com. We have developed this brand as the B2C side of our business, and it is how we position our work with video games publishers and the wider games industry. In this role, you will be responsible for marketing both brands.
You’ll be given autonomy and responsibility from day one. You will need to be a strategic thinker, confident writer, be brimming with ideas, demonstrate an ability to manage numerous tasks concurrently and have an attention to detail. You will be responsible for the planning and execution (with support) of the agency’s external marketing activities across all online and
offline channels, using a marketing automation platform to manage and measure the outreach and inbound leads.
You’ll also be expected to share the work of building proposals and agency credentials in response to client briefs and where relevant get involved in live pitches and biz dev meetings.
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Agency Marketing. With the input and help of the rest of the team, you will be able to develop and execute an effective integrated marketing strategy across all online and offline channels, including:
- Website content - including eBooks, research and insight, long-form blog posts, infographics, etc
- social media (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook Groups)
- Monthly Newsletters
- Email marketing and lead generation
Plus measurement and reporting of the above activities against agreed targets.
2. New Business. As new business opportunities are created through the marketing strategy, you will work closely with the agency founders to build pitches and proposals and represent Big Ideas Machine at client meetings, agency pitches, industry and networking events.
You’ll also be expected to take over responsibility for our database of leads and prospects, analysing this data to inform and refine the marketing strategy.
What we are looking for in the ideal candidate
- A minimum 3-5 years of agency experience, preferably related to B2B tech and/or games clients
- Proven track record in implementing marketing and/or PR plans (online and offline)
- A demonstrable understanding of SEO and how to use it in a marketing context
- An understanding/awareness of marketing automation software and content-led marketing more generally
- Great written and verbal communication skills (excellent writing skills are essential)
- Tenacity, perseverance and a passion for building our business
- The ability to write and design PPT templates and proposals according to the brand guidelines
- A strong multi-tasker
- The ability to effectively manage upwards, prioritise and delegate where necessary
- The ability to network and do face-to-face business
- A strong work ethic and entrepreneurial spirit
- A creative and fun streak
- Proficient with common software tools such as Google apps for business, PPT, Keynote, etc
Why do people like working at Big Ideas Machine?
1. It's about people
As a small and young agency, we rely on an approach which is totally collaborative and built around trust, transparency and quality. We are motivated by doing interesting, fun work, and learning something new every day. We don’t expect or encourage long hours and offer flexible working to everyone on the team. Our aim is to create a diverse, supportive and creative environment with a focus on delivering work we are all proud of.
2. The work is challenging
We have quite a diverse range of clients - anything from blockchain and AI to advertising and Virtual Reality games. Because many of our clients are start-ups, we are often involved in a lot more than just media-facing PR. One minute we could be working on a global console launch and the next minute we could be writing an 800-word byline on ‘crunch’ or some other issue on behalf of a client.
3. We want our staff to develop and progress
It’s important to us that everyone at Big Ideas Machine develops a much broader set of skills than the typical PR agency worker. So in addition to core PR skills, we do a lot of hands-on learning to develop knowledge of SEO, digital marketing, web analytics and design and publishing tools. We also fund external training courses too. This approach helps your work at BIM and (as if you’d ever want to leave!) beyond.
What we can offer
- A pro-rata salary of £35-40k (depending on experience)
- An Apple MacBook
- Annual bonus (at the discretion of the Directors and based on overall company performance)
- 20 days holiday (pro-rata)
- We also close the office Christmas Eve lunchtime and the first working day back after Jan 1, with this time off in addition to your holiday allowance
- Flexibility on working hours to allow for better travel options
- A flexible work from home policy /
- Childcare voucher scheme after completion of the probationary period
- Generous maternity and paternity benefits after 2 years of continuous employment
- Commission paid for the introduction of new staff and clients to the company
- Cycle to Work scheme after completion of the probationary period
- Company contribution to a personal pension scheme
- Individual training plan set up on induction and encouragement to attend both internal and external training courses
To make your application, please send your CV and covering letter via the application method below.