Contract Manager - Open to flexible working - Stevenage
The Non-Clinical Global Outsourcing Management (NCGOM) team has accountability for the contractual aspects of all outsourcing undertaken across the majority of the GSK R&D organisation. The team works in close partnership with technical experts from the line functions to develop a preferred supplier base capable of delivering to GSK's business requirements.
A fantastic vacancy has arisen to focus on supporting the Clinical Trial Packaging, Labelling and Distribution, Comparator Sourcing categories and other CMC activities.
Contract Managers within NCGOM (PIT) team will have responsibility for developing supply bases for projects across all phases of development. They will work closely with other more senior team members in NCGOM to ensure they are adequately supported.
- Deliver fit-for-purpose sourcing solutions for all projects predominantly within the PLD and Comparator category, proposing sourcing solutions to support GSK R&D activities in a manner that expedites project progression and meets customer expectations with respect to cost. Act as an ambassador for GSK in communications with external vendors in order to ensure the project requirements and timelines are met
- In partnership with key stakeholders (e.g. broader TPR, Procurement, R&D line), proactively lead, influence, develop and implement outsourcing strategies and critically evaluate these against GSK business requirements to ensure objectives are met, developing contingency plans and proposing alternative strategies as appropriate
- Demonstrate leadership skills and ability to influence senior managers, both internal to GSK and externally in order to develop innovative or novel outsourcing solutions for R&D projects
- Work in close conjunction with R&D lines; Technical, Quality, Legal, Procurement to ensure the compliance to SOP's and all aspects of the project are met. Maintain a close collaboration with these teams and drive the relationship to ensure communication is successful and ways of working are streamlined
- Develop relationships with suppliers whilst maintaining the highest level of professional and ethical conduct. Manage the SRM elements of specific supplier relationships and share information gathered with other business groups e.g. R&D Procurement and R&D lines as appropriate
- Define, track and evaluate metrics to ensure supplier performance and deliverables meet the requirements of projects. Define and implement strategies to improve consistency, efficiency and quality with suppliers as needed.
Closing date for applications: 21st March 2019
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why You? Basic qualifications:
- Experience/knowledge of the clinical trial supply area is preferred
- A solid understanding of the drug development process
- Experience of working in an outsourcing environment (working with external vendors)
- Experience of cross-functional team working and performing effectively in a matrix environment. Can lead small matrix teams
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and networks with multiple stakeholders
- Experience of working cross-culturally and able to demonstrate experience of working and thinking globally
- Demonstrates networking skills through interactions across GSK and external to GSK
- Demonstrated ability to organise resources, prioritise work and deliver to tight timelines for multiple customers within a fast-paced, dynamic environment without compromising quality
- Responsive and agile to changing business priorities
- Good attention to detail, methodical approach
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Has a basic level of understanding of Lean Sigma/ADP to identify ways to improve/rework existing processes
- Understanding of CRO Management standard legal agreements and Procurement terms and conditions would be advantageous
- Proven track record in business planning including ability in prioritising and negotiating
- Exposure to the Procurement process and range of Sourcing Group Management tools advantageous but not essential.
Preferred qualifications: Please see above
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.