HR Advisory Manager, HR services, Open to flexible working
The Shared Services Organisation requires a second Manager to support with the smooth running of the HR Advisory team within the HR Services function. The primary function of this role is to manage and develop an HR Advisory team who provide generalist first line HR support to our business, minimise commercial and legal risk and ensure that the customer is at the heart of everything we do. Your role will involve stakeholder management so building strong relationships with key operational teams internally and more broadly across Deloitte is essential. You will also be responsible for escalations from within and about the Advisory team and will be expected to make recommendations for improvements where necessary, get buy in for any proposed changes through to implementation where agreed with the support of the HR Advisory Senior Manager and the HR Services Director.
The HR Services team totals 184 people, 113 of whom are based in Milton Keynes (including the Helpdesk Manager), and 71 of whom are based in Hyderabad, India, all as part of the Shared Services Organisation. The Shared Services Organisation is based in Milton Keynes in the UK and India, supporting the UK and Swiss Firms comprising approx. 20,000 Partners and staff including 24 UK Offices and 6 Swiss offices.
Leadership & Strategy
- Review the team Service Level Expectations (SLE), measure achievement against them and implement improvement activities where necessary.
- Support in the delivery of consistent HR Services to the Firm and the SSO vision across HR Services.
- Be actively aware of all projects that could impact the service and take an active involvement in their successful delivery as required.
- Support the growth and development of services across HR Services, supporting and contributing towards ongoing process streamlining and automation opportunities and adhering to set governance.
- Take an active role in the recruitment of team members and the shaping of their induction programme and on-going training.
- Develop strategy for the creation of content on the appropriate knowledge hub to support the Advisory resolution of queries i.e. HR Online.
- Deputise and support other HR Services teams during periods of management absence.
- Keep abreast of Deloitte policy and process developments and ensure knowledge management systems are updated to reflect this.
- Managing a team to deliver an excellent case management service, maintaining a firmwide approach wherever possible to all processes and ensuring that stakeholders feel a real sense of ownership with minimal touch points and handoffs.
- Ensure resource levels meet operational requirements and ensure effective resource allocation of the Advisory team at all times.
- Understand all processes and key contacts involved with employee processes, policies and services.
- Build a culture of constant reflection on areas for improvement. Give the team the confidence to put forward solutions and work with them to implement these.
- Produce and review weekly/monthly management information for discussion with other managers in order to identify process improvement issues or learning needs.
- Performance management of the team, including check in’s, providing feedback, and dealing with absence management and return to work interviews.
- Provide appropriate coaching and mentoring to team members to build and progress against development plans and seek to upskill and cross-train wherever appropriate.
- Ensure all processes and procedures comply with relevant legislation and audit requirements.
- Build trusted relationships with HR Services peers and colleagues to enable the team to be provided with the relevant information to perform their role effectively.
- Evaluate incoming demand and work with stakeholders to ensure the smooth delivery of existing and new work that the Advisory team delivers.
- Identify potential risks or issues to the effectiveness of the service and work with the HR Advisory Senior Manager to resolve or escalate.
- Build trusted relationships with HR and other Deloitte teams as appropriate.
- Liaison with other Shared Services Organisation teams as appropriate.
- Management of relationships with third-party suppliers where appropriate.
Escalations & Complaint Resolution
- Manage your allocated queries of a highly complex and individual nature through to resolution.
- Deal with allocated escalations and complaints to an exceptional standard and take ownership for developing lessons learnt and making improvements where necessary.
- Provide firm wide and overseas disaster management support alongside the HR Services Leadership team.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: Milton Keynes
Full Time Monday - Friday
Your professional experience
- Commercially minded with the ability to interpret business objectives and drivers.
- Able to positively challenge strategic decisions.
- Has the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Ability to manage continuous improvement and mitigate risks and issues.
- Able to establish themselves as a trusted business advisor.
- Front line HR knowledge and experience is essential.
- Client service experience within a high demand environment is essential.
- Assumes accountability for services provided and assumes ownership of team decisions despite outcome.
- Proactively looks for opportunities and is able to put forward effective, relevant business solutions.
- Ability to lead and motivate through change whilst maintaining a positive environment.
- Can take responsibility for delivery of high quality results.
- Can manage strategic priorities in times of conflict.
- Previous experience managing a service delivery function required.
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential and knowledge of SAP or similar HR systems is desirable.
- Able to play a key coaching role and performance management role with all team members by providing support as appropriate.
- Acts as a role model and inspires others to reach their potential.
- Encourages a culture of innovation and values the ideas and opinions of others.
- Promotes an open and supportive culture.
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 163936