Coordinator of Established Products, Open to flexible working
Now is an exciting time to join the R&D Tech organisation and drive a step change in technology strategy and delivery. The Coordinator of Established Products will provide support and assistance to the Director of Established Products and the rest of the LT to enable efficient and effective planning, capability & capacity tracking, standardisation and information gathering.
This role facilitates planning and governance across Established Products by understanding the existing applications utilised by R&D Tech and the support required for them. This role includes managing and driving digital planning boards, analytical dashboarding and acting as a primary point of contact across the group and the wider R&D Tech teams.
- Creating and managing the digital planning boards - ensuring details are properly captured, tracked and processed aligning with the strategy and feeding back to portfolio to assist with prioritisation and value discussions e.g. TRB or BRP but not responsible for the data or decisions. Collaborate with the SDT Compliance & Risk team to ensure risks, dependencies and impediments are tracked.
- Finance tracking - Create and maintain bespoke spreadsheets and analytical dashboards to track the cost of applications. Raising and recording purchase orders for the group when necessary and properly forecasting spend. Understanding the needs and priorities within Established Products to enable faster decision making to add value. This role would need to work with a member of the business operations team where applicable to help them understand the forecasts.
- Capability and capacity tracking - Understanding the requirements and skills within Established Products to enable effective workload management within capacity levels. Ensuring that all mandatory training has been completed and finding opportunities to upskill based on gaps in the capabilities. Working with the Product teams, EP Solution aligned Directors and suppliers to support these teams to ensure that teams have the right balance of capabilities. Also to flag issues with over or under capacity within teams.
- 'Marketing' the group, standardising the comms, workplace posts, SharePoint team sites and dashboards across the team. Ensuring that communications are to a high level, proofreading and editing when necessary.
- Act as the primary point of contact for the group liaising across all levels of R&D Tech to assist with any queries, questions or issues that may arise, exploring solutions and escalating when required.
- The support of tracking of operational uplifts (e.g. Win 10), development capabilities and knowledge of applications within the solution groups.
- Vendor management, tracking and coordination to enable efficient and effective external partnerships and to provide a clear view on the usage, cost and requirements.
- Understanding VFQ principles to facilitate change management, identifying requirements across Established Products to enable effective mindset transformation.
- Take notes at brainstorming sessions, CRP, LRP and BRP and to capture objectives and liaise between groups to ensure priorities are aligned to the strategy.
- Research new ideas, explore tools and new ways of working to update and embed them through practical thought leadership.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you will receive a competitive salary and you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: 24th March 2019
- Experience within a co-ordinator/facilitator role
- Capability in software development to customise planning boards
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships
- Practical thought leadership and a logical mindset with the ability to adapt to any situation
- Understanding of finance systems and tracking, utilising software and new tech in the most effective ways
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the center of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.