Director for R&D Tech Partnership & Collaboration, Open to flexible working
Now is an exciting time to join the R&D Tech organisation and drive a step change in technology strategy and delivery. Partnership and collaboration are essential to the success of R&D Tech and in turn for the success of our customer R&D. Partnering with internal suppliers, strategic suppliers and the technology leaders in R&D to enhance collaboration and ensure objectives are accomplished.
The Director for R&D Tech Partnership & Collaboration you will need to ensure the 4 Solution Areas and Established Products are able to gain the most out of our internal and external partnerships acting as a conduit to our Core Tech team ensuring our requirements for capability are understood and enacted upon.
Working with the R&D Tech Business Operations team they will be responsible for establishing strong partnerships with strategic tech partners, elicit key capabilities and drive full potential to support the product centric model. You will be required to support the development of strategic partnerships with technology leaders that span R&D understanding their needs and technical direction and working with Emerging Tech, the 4 Solution Areas and the SDT Strategy Director to ensure a balanced roadmap between digital as usual, digital for reinvention and digital disruption.
R&D inspires a significant number of collaborative engagements to drive our portfolio and enrich science and technology engagements. You will be a key player in Mergers, Acquisitions and Divestitures (MAD) and will manage our R&D Tech M-A-D activities, maintaining our playbook and through established business partnerships understand the Pipeline to support each execution. Establish platforms and forums for innovation and knowledge sharing in order to ensure R&D Tech is at the forefront.
- Establish business partnerships to understand the pipeline and manage our M-A-D activities to support each execution.
- Coordinate R&D Tech's external engagement and external innovation to ensure market trends are integrated into the Tech roadmap.
- Establish strong partnerships with internal tech providers to guarantee R&D Tech's requirements for capability are understood and met.
- Responsible for establishing strong partnerships with strategic tech partners, elicit key capabilities and drive their full potential.
- Support the development of strategic partnerships with technology leaders that span R&D.
Capability & Maturity
- Understand our internal and strategic partner capabilities to ensure the 4 Solution Areas and Established Products can maximise their engagement while also acting as a conduit to enable our requirements for capability are understood and enacted upon.
- Establish platforms and forums for innovation & knowledge sharing.
Mergers Acquisitions and Divestitures
- Maintain our playbook and patterns.
- Work with BD to understand Pipeline.
- Act as R&D Tech initial point of contact.
- Engage in due diligence.
- Ensure activities are appropriately prioritised and resourced.
- Drive continuous improvement to help make MAD activities more efficient over time.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you will receive a competitive salary and you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: 24th March 2019
- Extensive interaction and influence at LT level
- Exposure to all aspects of Tech Product Management and lifecycle
- Broad awareness of Pharma and Tech industry
- Experience of leading MAD activities
- Experience across US, Europe, and Asia
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.