Director for R&D Tech Testing, Open to flexible working
Now is an exciting time to join the R&D Tech organisation and drive a step change in technology strategy and delivery. The Director for R&D Tech Testing will drive the strategic direction for testing in R&D Tech.
You will establish a risk-based approach to testing, delivering an automated evidence-based model for use across R&D Tech. You will also establish a core competence of FTE expert testing resources that will drive the change in culture to modernise and automate whilst ensuring compliance to regulatory needs and a balanced risk-based approach is maintained.
- Partnering with the DevOps and Quality leads in SDT to establish a testing strategy which ensures a risk-based approach to testing and an evidence-based model for use across R&D Tech.
- Agree and align on direction and establish a clear plan and accountabilities to implement, monitor and refine over time.
- Review, update and maintain the current testing framework ensuring process and practice are modernised to deliver an agile, automated, evidence-based model for use across R&D Tech.
- Establish and maintain a suite of qualified testing tools and test automation capability to meet GxP and non-GxP requirements.
- Partner and support the compliance lead to develop an evidence-based testing framework for R&D Tech that ensures a balanced risk-based approach to testing is maintained. Also maintaining expertise in industry approaches and tools to ensure that GSK and R&D Tech are always acting on the latest opportunities.
Capability & Maturity
- Establish a capability baseline and drive a training programme to ensure R&D Tech encompasses appropriate skills to support the new framework
- Establish a core competence of FTE expert testing resources which will drive the change in culture to modernise and automate
- Provision of expertise to the product teams ensuring embrace of the new framework and overcome any test hurdle they may encounter.
- Partner with the business operations team to engage strategic partners to provide:
- A flexible resourcing model to support the FTE testing capability within the solution area product teams.
- Provide expert testing resources that drive efficient high-quality testing which utilises the latest automated testing tools and practices.
- Champion test-driven development and test-driven design while representing R&D Tech interests in testing across GSK Tech, liaising with other tech functions to share best practice.
- Support and nurture the product teams to establish a test maturity that establishes a core competency to testing, test-driven development and test-driven design.
- Understand and manage risk associated to testing and test evidence provision, acting as the escalation point where required.
- Ensuring team members complete training necessary for their roles.
- Driving appropriate communications and change management. Communicating R&D Tech success and case studies in testing as an exemplar to other functions, linking to extra value we can bring R&D Tech and GSK as a result.
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you will receive a competitive salary and you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
Interested in Joining the Team?
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Closing Date: 24th March 2019
- Industry experience in Testing and Test Automation
- Background in software development
- Experience defining Test strategies, and seeing that strategy unfold into execution
- Experience in software engineering and software development at a large or medium company
- Strong facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Experience across US, Europe, and Asia
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We're a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.