Accountant - Client Projects, Open to flexible working
Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here.
Today's global marketplace is constantly changing and evolving, but dynamic businesses are agile, adapting to the environment.
Grant Thornton’s Special Projects team exists to respond to this - providing an agile, high quality response to wide variety of client accounting needs. The Executive plays a pivotal role within this department, undertaking varied accounting assignments with a wide range of clients.
What you’ll be doing:
- Working as part of the Special Projects team you’ll have the unique opportunity to work for a variety of different clients to support their business needs both from the office and working within their accounting functions
- You'll undertake varied accounting assignments with a wide range of clients
- You'll provide a hands-on compliance and/or advisory role that meets or exceeds client expectations
- You'll work across a variety of different projects, helping you to gain a really broad range of experiences across sectors
Who we're looking for:
- You'll be professionally qualified (CIMA, ACA, CA, ACCA)
- You’ll be able to demonstrate a range of practical, hands-on accounting experience in a variety sectors
- You’ll be up to date on financial reporting standards and possess strong technical skills
- You’ll enjoy connecting with clients and be able to fit in to a client team quickly.
- You'll be comfortable using audit software and Microsoft packages
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.