Quality Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Ensure Engineering is conducted in a way which is consistent with the collective views, frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Engineering community.
At Lloyds Banking Group, our vision is to become the best bank for our customers. By putting customers first, keeping banking simple and making a difference together, we’ll help Britain prosper.
Lloyds Banking Group has approximately 40% of the nation’s domestic payment transactions passing through its systems, processing tens of billions of pounds in value on a daily basis. Our Payments, Fraud and Financial Crime (PFFC) IT team is at the heart of it all as we develop and maintain capability to become the best bank for customers.
Our aim is to create a forward thinking engineering culture that supports the business by delivering and supporting high quality, efficient, and positive impact outcomes for customers. The Quality Engineer is a key team member and is the advocate for quality, ensuring the products that we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the standards that our customers expect.
Specific job description:
A successful candidate will be working as a Quality Engineer in a Scrum team, they will be able to demonstrate an understanding of software quality and to showcase methods and criteria used to measure process's key quality characteristics. They will be conversant in ITIL and Agile principles and will be aware of the continuous nature, changing requirements and time limitations of working in this type of environment. They will work in a highly collaborative way with business people and developers to reach successful outcomes.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following competencies and behaviours:
- Passionate and Customer driven, with a strong desire ensure our customers are provided with the best possible experience.
- Communicates effectively and is able to build working relationships with a broad spectrum of stakeholders, ranging from software engineers to senior business leaders.
- Comfortable with challenging stakeholders, and has the ability to explain technical and complex processes in layman's terms.
- Is used to operating in a highly pressurised environment and is able to calm situations whilst maintaining focus.
- Has an appetite to continuously improve.
- Is innovative and takes an interest in the industries best practices.
- Organisationally savvy and is able to network effectively.
- Is able to solve complex problems, considers impacts and make decisions.
A successful candidate will have the following knowledge and experience:
- Relevant knowledge or experience of the payments industry; understanding the regulators, the schemes, types of payments and industry SLAs.
- Work towards applying Behaviour Driven Development & Test Driven Development principles and writing upfront tests against team defined agile definitions and delivery stories
- Understand the importance of quality and hence create and implement approaches, guidelines, principles defined by themselves and their peers.
- Be able to project and implement "Automation first" approach in every phase of software delivery process that aids speed to market and better quality.
- Be able to create test artefacts in line with an agreed Test Strategy, writing automation Test scripts against user stories and maintaining Test traceability
- Ensure that Testing is conducted in a way which is consistent with - and exploits the collective frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Test community
- Being a strong part of the QA Guild helping to build the community and building the capabilities of others
- Leading and mentoring junior colleagues within the QA guild and the team and ensuring the appropriate development and coaching in place to ensure the team across the directorate is successful
- Be industry aware and understand the importance of new technical approaches to evolve solutions and the experience of the team.
General job Description:
- Maintains a focus on reducing risk and building confidence in the team and its stakeholders on the quality of Engineering.
- Ensure Engineering is conducted in a way which is consistent with the collective views, frameworks, patterns and best practices that exist across the wider Engineering community.
- Ensure area of responsibility is aligned with overall engineering strategies and transformation, pushing boundaries and seeking opportunities to improve.
- Open to new "thought process" and Change mind-set, bring in new ways of working/ innovative and creative ways of delivering software.
- Typically operates in more stable labs.
- Has experience in using and adopting a wide range of engineering practices and tools.
- Has experience of coaching others.
- Has a good level of technical maturity and is familiar with emerging technology within the engineering space.