Finance Business Partner - Scotch Whisky, Distillation and Maturation, Open to flexible working
ISC incorporates all Supply chain activities within Scotland, Ireland, Baileys, Santa Vittoria, Singapore Hub, Europe Supply Chain and Zacapa. This is a c £2.5bn p.a. cost base business producing c.70m cases (equivalent units) of cased/kegged product and distilling c 200mla p.a.
Dimensions of the role – This role is part of the Distillation and Maturation Finance team and is based in Elgin, reporting to the Distillation & Maturation Senior Finance Business Partner (Edinburgh based). The key business partner is the Malt West Operations Director (Elgin based).
This role provides Finance Business Partner support to the Operations Director for the Malt Distilling West group and his team, owning and driving exemplary performance. Developing the financial plan for the Region, providing performance tracking to guide decisions & drive value, maintaining a rigorous financial & strategic support across all activities and ensuring that a robust control framework is embedded and active.
The role will be judged on the ability to deliver strongly the following top accountabilities and the judgement and flexibility to balance providing excellent business partnering with the need to support the Finance agenda.
Top 3-5 accountabilities
- Lead finance decision support projects for the Malt West area and support the delivery of strategic initiatives through exemplary business partnering.
- Lead the monthly Business Performance Management process with the senior leadership team, ensuring the right information is delivered on time, in line with monthly timetable. Communicate performance effectively with Finance in line with the monthly timetable.
- Provide regular insights into the financial results and forecasts, maintaining tight control of financial performance relative to the annual plan.
- Provide financial input and challenge into large CAPEX projects and improvement initiatives ensuring that the financial impacts are fully understood and that investment appraisals and post completion reviews are carried out.
- Coordinate and lead the annual financial planning process for Malt Distilling overall, agreeing targets for the following financial year with Senior Stakeholders
- Champion a robust control environment ensuring compliance with CARM and the embedding of Self- Assessment.. Constantly strive to improve accounting & control processes and champion the code of Business Conduct.
Qualifications and experience required
- Qualified Accountant with at least 2-3 years PQE
- Commercial acumen and judgment; a good understanding of the business environment to leverage the ability to challenge, influence strategies and guide decisions to optimise value
- Self motivated and resilient, able to proactively identify issues and drive delivery of solutions
- Strong personal impact, deliver great performance, challenging and holding the teams to account
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, able to distil and communicate complex information.
- Good working knowledge of IFRS and Group accounting policies