Senior Brand Manager Reserve, Open to flexible working
Global Travel (GT) is the fifth largest of Diageo’s 21 markets in NSV and 3rd largest in profit. The business has recently reshaped its mission, strategy and organisation, and is set to play a critical role in helping drive Diageo’s global growth. Our vision is that every traveller has an engaging experience with our brands and given 6.6 billion people travel each year our team has an unparalleled opportunity to influence consumers on a truly Global scale.
We operate in a distinct channel organised with proximity to our customers and run a truly diverse organisation with operations in 22 countries and over 40 nationalities represented in teams across the world. The business operates through two regions – Europe and the Americas & Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Our unique channels include ‘duty free’ sales in travel retail through airport shops, border shops, on-board aeroplanes, cruises and international ferries.
If you want to play a leading role in shaping this exciting business and be responsible for managing some of the fastest growing spirits brands in the sector then read on…
You will be responsible for leading the brand management of our Non-Whisky Reserve portfolio across Global Travel. Whether it be further accelerating the fastest growing brand in Global Travel (Tanqueray) or redefining how consumers engage with Luxury Vodka (Cîroc) you will bring a “GM mindset” to expertly manage these brands (and more) in a dynamic, fast paced and truly Global (1.6B consumers) environment. The successful candidate will;
- Fully deliver the AOP on Non-Whisky Reserve – owning the monthly performance management of each brand within your portfolio.
- Be the lead for each of your brands through MBP in conjunction with the GBT’s to ensure we deliver exceptional plans and assets to enable us to beat the competition (win share)
- Adapt global strategies and growth drivers to maximise impact in Global Travel, creating additional tools and assets where necessary.
- Partner with the commercial, finance, supply and legal teams to expertly ensure our plans are implemented on time in full with impact at the point of purchase.
- Influence and engage Global Brand Teams and Regional Innovation teams to ensure Global Travel is included in their annual planning to enable us to deliver brilliant execution
- Deliver breakthrough marketing across all key consumer touch points (retail, digital, gifting)
- Applies powerful insights (Customer, Shopper, Consumer) to create competitive advantage
- Develops strategies and plans that beat the competition
- Inspires and engages others to deliver breakthroughs and brilliant execution
- Creative problem solving, finding solutions to problems to ensure we achieve our goals
- Utilises analysis to create winning consumer connection strategies (Digital, Social and Traditional)
Win through execution - Lead bold execution in a fast moving world;
- Act like an owner of Diageo by holding self and others to account for highest standards.
- Inject a restlessness to win and unlock capacity to decide and act quickly
- Scan the environment constantly and adapt plans with pace
Inspire through purpose
- Inspire teams to take entrepreneurial risks by building trust and respect through open and honest relationships
Shape the Future
- Set context and empower people to experiment and unlock opportunities for growth
The ideal candidate will have a broad range of marketing experience and great examples of game changing delivery in roles shopper marketing, consumer marketing, innovation and/or reserve.
They will be commercially astute and bring a “GM mindset” to driving the total performance of their part of our business.
Evidence of using insights to create winning strategies and an ability to demonstrate good creative judgement is a strongly sought after.
Evidence of working comfortably in a highly ambiguous environment at pace, balancing multiple project is a major plus.
Those highly skilled in fostering great effective relationships both internally and externally, in person and remotely will thrive in this role.