Principle Software Engineer, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Flexible / Variable Hours
Job Description Summary
About the team:
The Software Engineering Centre of Excellence is a team created with the mission to be a catalyst for change and drive innovative mindset in Lloyds Banking Group. We are a group of people pulled together by our passion for coding, experimenting, designing and everything that makes us better engineers and we are relentless in putting our skills an passion at the service of our customers.
Role description summary:
Works with stakeholders to advocate engineering excellence and deliver business value through sound and fully rounded engineering methods and principles, ensuring platforms and software are built consistently with relevant patterns and practices. Supports the engineering community by providing deep domain and technical expertise and providing a voice to engineers to identify and support the resolution of issues. Ensures technical debt and releases are prioritised accordingly. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.
Well versed with modern technologies like cloud and containers, Microservices, distributed architecture and passionate about agile, lean development practices, CI/CD, DevOps, SRE.
At Lloyds Banking Group our aim is to create a forward-thinking engineering culture that supports the business in delivering high quality, efficient and positive impact outcomes for customers.
The role of our Principle Software Engineers is vital in ensuring the products we deliver are fit for purpose and meet the quality and standards that our customers expect.
Within these roles we expect you to be able to ...
- Deliver the highest quality customer driven software whist continually challenging, motivating, mentoring and supporting their engineering teams.
- Work in cross-disciplinary feature teams delivering exciting customer driven solutions and high quality software.
- Showcase excellent interpersonal and communications skills whilst efficiently working across the project life cycle to ensure software operates as intended.
- Work hands-on alongside engineering colleagues to understand and develop their own technical domain knowledge and takes responsibility for their actions.
- Exercise responsibility, autonomy and judgement within broad, but well defined parameters.
- Work in a highly collaborative way to complete assigned work, showcase progress and address problems that are well defined, complex and often non-routine.
- Be a quick learner who can learn and adapt to new technologies being used within Lloyds and the wider industry whilst bringing those around them on the same journey.
- Understand the importance of quality and hence create and implement approaches, guidelines, principles defined by themselves and their Engineering and Chapter Lead peers.
- Drive the success of Lloyds Engineering Chapters, Communities and Guilds whilst resolving impediments, issues and providing a voice for engineers within teams.
- Continually develop themselves with industry best practice in order to advance the direction of Software Engineering in Lloyds.
Leadership Level of Development and Accountability
At this level both roles are leadership level and blend both deep domain and technical expertise within a feature team and show great passion for coaching and developing people in a "player-coach" model.
Both Principle Quality Engineers and Chapter Leads are advocates for Engineering, providing a voice to engineers within the teams, identifying and supporting their teams in resolution of impediments and issues.
Within both roles we expect our engineers to be able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their engineering teams.