Go-to-Market Senior Manager - Open to flexible working
EY Absolute is a key priority for the UK firm. This role is based within the go-to-market team and is focused on driving growth for the offering. We are looking for individuals who are interested in helping to build the business and who would like to be part of a dynamic and innovative service line that is becoming increasingly high profile.
Since its launch, EY Absolute has built an annuity book of business of £1.5m p.a across a number of clients from a wide range of sectors. This is an impressive first 9 months of trading for a start-up business within the firm and there are significant growth plans for the coming years.
EY Absolute is a powerful asset and we have received very positive feedback from clients. For those working in the go-to-market team, EY Absolute has provided the opportunity to develop a broad skill set that is focused on building and managing client relationships that go well beyond any specific technical specialism, developing sales strategies and plans, co-ordinating tenders and building opportunity pipelines and strategic account plans that provide an opportunity to cross sell EY services to clients. EY Absolute also provides experience in many areas that will be important for the professional adviser of the future including understanding managed service offerings and the evolving use of technology in providing our services. Given EY Absolute significant growth plans and being a priority for the firm, the go-to-market team also regularly works closely with senior members of the firm’s leadership.
This is an exciting role that would suit someone looking for a hands-on, market-facing role where you will develop and manage executive level/C‐suite client relationships to drive business‐winning opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
- You will be accountable for building EY Absolute revenue and will work on top pursuits and key annuity revenues across the account landscape. The role carries an individual revenue and pipeline target, alongside qualitative targets around client service, people engagement and teaming
- Demonstrating best-in-class account leadership behaviours for example:
- Leading the penetration of EY Absolute services into the private mid-market
- Engaging with clients to discuss areas of process improvement within their finance function
- Becoming the EY Absolute Account Leader on priority accounts, driving EY Absolute sub-service line penetration into accounts and being a broader trusted business advisor to the business; and
- Assuming a business development role or acting Client Service Partner role on a major account
- Helping to define and execute the evolving EY Absolute go-to-market strategy, promoting campaigns both internally and with clients
- Leading the promotion and integration of ‘One Tax’ across GCR
Skills and attributes for success
- A high degree of perception, with the ability to read people and an ability to communicate a message effectively
- Ability to work autonomously and strategically
- An opportunistic mindset and ability to quickly promote realisation of opportunities in relevant market sectors
- Highly developed influencing skills to gain access to the breadth of the client organisation, and influence internally in EY in support of business development objectives and meeting clients’ needs
- A cerebral, focused and consultative approach to business development activity
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, plus an ability to build mutually beneficial relationships with clients and colleagues from a range of backgrounds and cultures based on knowledge, experience and personal values
- Driving exceptional client service in every external and internal encounter; being highly responsive to clients’ needs, sharing relevant insights, challenging the strength of critical EY Absolute business relationships and assisting with the development of relevant, wide-ranging and sustainable client relationships
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- An origination mindset, with a demonstrable track record of successfully delivering a sophisticated team-based model of BD activity, selling complex projects comprising a cross-service offering in varied business scenarios
- Solid business-to-business selling experience and capability, involving management of complex sales processes and long sales cycles
- Ability to deal with varied and complex organisations - experience of a consulting environment would be beneficial
- Strong understanding of key industry drivers and how these impact on client accounts
- Strong presentation and marketing skills and experience in developing and delivering major proposals to clients and targets
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously through effective prioritisation, organisation, flexibility and self-discipline. Must have demonstrated project management experience
- Proactive committed team player
- Experience growing and coaching teams in a business development environment
Ideally, you will also have:
- Experience of working on process improvement projects in relation to finance function effectiveness
- Experience of working with clients based in the private mid-market
- Prior experience of management accounting including knowledge and understanding of day to day bookkeeping tasks and processes, including month end and statutory accounts preparation
What we look for:
We’re looking for a driven, organised and conscientious go-to-market leader with proven leadership skills working with demanding and senior stakeholders within a rapidly changing environment.
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.