Client Relationship Manager - EY Absolute - Open to flexible working
EY Absolute is a key priority for the UK firm. This role is based within the go-to-market team and is focused on driving growth for the offering. We are looking for individuals who are interested in helping to build the business and who would like to be part of a dynamic and innovative service line that is becoming increasingly high profile.
Since its launch, EY Absolute has built an annuity book of business of £1.5m p.a. across a number of clients from a wide range of sectors. This is an impressive first 9 months of trading for a start-up business within the firm and there are significant growth plans for the coming years.
EY Absolute is a powerful asset and we have received very positive feedback from clients. For those working in the go-to-market team, EY Absolute has provided the opportunity to develop a broad skill set that is focused on building and managing client relationships that go well beyond any specific technical specialism, developing sales strategies and plans, co-ordinating tenders and building opportunity pipelines and strategic account plans that provide an opportunity to cross sell EY services to clients.
EY Absolute also provides experience in many areas that will be important for the professional adviser of the future including understanding managed service offerings and the evolving use of technology in providing our services. Given EY Absolute significant growth plans and being a priority for the firm, the go-to-market team also regularly works closely with senior members of the firm’s leadership.
This is an exciting role that would suit someone looking for a hands-on, market-facing role where you will develop and manage executive level/C‐suite client relationships to drive business‐winning opportunities.
Your key responsibilities
Business development and proposal assistance
- Working with the Go-to-market Leads to support pursuit and proposal activities, including attending and participating in client meeting and calls, owning and driving follow up actions from meetings, including drafting proposals, managing client lists, preparing information packs prior to client meetings and reviewing Interaction.
- Running pricing exercises (including collating quotes, managing different services and timetables) and being a part of EY’s presentation team at client pitches.
- Price, review, manage and lead inbound proposals including answering queries from overseas EY teams.
- Provide demonstration of EY Absolute technology to clients and internal stakeholders.
- Promote EY Absolute services to internal teams through ‘lunch and learn’ or ‘peer-to-peer’ learning sessions.
- Identify opportunities for additional EY services and or extensions to EY Absolute services for existing EY clients.
- Managing a number of EY Absolute contracts, including the client interface and in a supervisory service delivery role.
- Proactively managing service delivery risk across those contracts, through the use of issue and risk logs and the implementation of escalation processes.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key contract stakeholders (internal and external) and ensuring effective and timely communication.
- Manage contract governance including adherence to agreed process and procedures
- Manage contract reporting against service level agreements (SLAs) and key performance indicators (KPIs) ensuring timely resolution of issues
- Provide guidance and support to peers, colleagues and clients on contractual issues, and oversee local fee and scope negotiations
- Setting clear objectives and expectations for junior team members including day-to-day responsibility for the management of offshore team members.
- Reviewing budgets and resourcing requirements on a regular basis and supporting the Absolute lead in meeting the margin goals for the accounts.
- Billing UK fees according to agreed contract billing schedule.
Quality and Risk Management
- Supporting the Absolute lead on Quality & Risk Management (QRM) matters, overseeing implementation and adherence to agreed processes, procedures and timetables.
- Liaising with Tax QRM and legal teams in the resolution of client service management issues.
- Maintaining the specified contractual framework and supporting agreements for all engagements.
- Sharing successful tools, techniques and approaches with other Absolute team members.
- Project managing small Absolute marketing projects
Skill and attributes for success
- Can work with minimal supervision to make decisions and progress activities
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day leadership of delivery team
- Change orientated with flexible approach
- Proactive committed team player
- Excellent written, communication, active listening and presentation skills
- Ability to co-ordinate multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously through effective prioritisation, organisation, flexibility and self discipline
- Must have demonstrated project management skills, plan and prioritise work, meet deadlines, monitor own budget
To qualify for the role, you must have:
- Strong client relationship management skills with ability to develop quality outputs to clients
- Negotiation skills, able to sustain opinion and handle challenges
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Experience managing multiple projects
Ideally, you will also have:
- Previous experience of working on process improvement projects.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Powerpoint) and have experience of managing client relationship databases/tools
What we look for:
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic and flexible attitude to work
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.