Senior Manager, HR Transformation & Technology - PAS - UK&I - Systems, Open to flexible working
People Advisory Services (PAS) harnesses the collective power of all or our people – related services into a single integrated global sub-service line of over 10,000 people delivering over $1.4bn in revenue. We provide our clients with a set of integrated services and offerings solving their most pertinent people-related business challenges.
PAS has been targeted as an area of significant growth as clients increasingly require advice in building their people’s capabilities at a time when global demand for talent and scare skills is at its highest. As well as attracting and retaining individual talent, clients are also looking at how they raise overall organisational performance through the entire workforce.
This means building their capabilities, processes and systems in workforce optimisation, inclusion, organisational development and culture.
Our HR Transformation (HRT) offering is one of our key growth areas within PAS, focusing on assisting clients build HR functions that are business-focused, cost-effective, and agile in meeting the needs of all of their stakeholders. Key to many of our HRT engagements is the identification, evaluation and deployment of the right technology to support our clients’ business agenda.
As a member of our HRT team, you will join a talented group of professionals that help clients in a number of areas. These include HR technology strategy, vendor evaluation, implementation of HR technology solutions and optimisation of existing platforms. In all of these areas, our focus is on achieving business outcomes for our clients as opposed to simply delivering a technical answer. The key technology capabilities include:
- Cloud technology (in particular, although not exclusively, SuccessFactors)
- Intelligent Automation (including RPA, machine learning, chatbots, and AI)
Your key responsibilities
We currently have excellent career opportunities for an experienced Senior Manager with experience of helping organisations achieve business results through the above technology areas. As an SM you will support the growth of our client propositions, the building our practice and the delivery of complex client assignments.
There will be opportunities to work with clients across all sectors in an environment that will support you in the realisation of your potential. Our work environment is both stretching and supportive, and is designed to help high-performing people thrive. Examples of responsibilities you will undertake will include:
- Development of detailed implementation roadmaps, develop risk mitigation and governance plans, budget planning and manage project reporting
- Helping clients solve complex business problems using analytical skills to provide supporting evidence and appropriate rationale
- Providing coaching and development opportunities for junior resources and peers, and act as a visible role model for our people
Skills and attributes for success
- Be professional, quickly establishing personal credibility and demonstrating expertise
- Have strong personal impact and resilience, and be able to influence and persuade clients and stakeholders to gain support for major changes and key decisions
- Take a practical approach to solving issues and gaining client agreement
- Be able to analyse complex problems and to deliver insightful, practical and sustainable solutions
- Be skilled in facilitating and encouraging collaboration amongst team members
- Be confident and effective in recognising and managing potential issues during client assignments
To qualify for the role you must have
You will have already achieved outstanding personal success in your current job and established yourself as an experienced management consultant, HR Technologist and/or IT professional with design and implementation experience in a number of the following areas:
- Development of HR Technology strategy, value propositions and business cases for HR Transformation/HR IT programs
- Excellent Technology knowledge and experience, covering IT trends and best practice advisory, complemented by strong HR functional and operations understanding
- Experience across the complete lifecycle of HR Transformation projects, from concept through execution and ongoing operations
- Client engagement including trusted advisor; solution expert; and project execution
- Responsibility for large scale HR Technology solution design and delivery
- Development of strategic business/HR/IT relationships with C-suite decision makers.
- Management of senior stake holders, provide constructive challenge and robust advice to the senior management including C-suite
- Lead business development and client pursuit efforts with a strong insight of the market and purchasing trends.
- Strong market focus with an existing client base and strong client networks , ability to identify and build new opportunities and client relationships
- Past sales record of having won new business and developed existing accounts
- Successfully sell, design and deliver technology-enabled HR Transformation engagements in a broad range of industry sectors
- Structure and manage projects or programmes of work which meet and exceed client expectations and mitigate any risks or issues
- Provide coaching and development opportunities for junior resources and peers, and act as a visible role model for our people
- Building & leading a team - accountability for establishing cohesive and committed ways for teams to work closely and effectively together, including coaching
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Relevant professional experience, including for example previous work with a Big 4, global management consultancy firm, niche consultancy or performed an in-house role in which you gained exposure to a large-scale project(s)
- Personal success in current job with experience in one or more of our capabilities (see above)
- Have a primary degree and relevant post-graduate qualification
What we look for
We have many clients from various sectors talking to us about how can they assess, attract and nurture individual talent engagingly in varying contexts.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate real impact within various areas of Talent for our clients. We require people who can build our service offerings, understand client needs, grow our internal capability and connect effectively across our global PAS to maximise our global knowledge and experience in supporting clients to build their talent pool.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Build your legacy with us.