Global Sales Outlet Execution Manager -Distributor Manager, open to flexibility
For Diageo to achieve its ambitious growth and profitability aspirations; and in order to further drive the shift to a sell-out focused business, our markets have identified the need to significantly improve upon our execution at outlet via Every Day Great Execution (EDGE).
It is a shift that the Global Executive Committee and each of the Regional Presidents individually, have endorsed, and it will require a significant organizational shift. The role will be accountable for delivering improved outlet execution performance leading to improved market share, via Every Day Great Execution (EDGE) and Diageo Way of Distributor Management.
This role will provide candidates with an opportunity to be at the forefront in leading improved outlet execution and ultimately business performance; enabling Diageo to be a World Class Sales organization.
This is a global role; focused on delivering Every Day Great Execution and Diageo Way of Distributor Management. Although it is a global role the core focus Africa, and will require travel.
The scope of this role is Global with a focus predominately in Africa; while leading Diageo Way of Distributor Management globally. The role will require interfacing with GM’s, Commercial Directors and cross functional stakeholders; and an ability to adapt outlet execution transformation to differing Route to Consumer archetypes.
1) Win Through Execution by leading the transformation of outlet execution with the in-market team. This will be achieved by taking an external lens and setting the bar high for us and our partners. This will cover all aspects of the EDGE framework from leveraging Advanced Analytics to establish segmentation & outlet standards, ensuring the right technology is in place to drive this transformation to utilizing insights to understand outlet execution performance and ultimately deliver improved top line growth and market share.
2) Shape the Future by enabling i) Market GM’s ii) Market Sales Directors and iii) local teams, to see the opportunity and act boldly to drive change and ensure delivery. This will cover all aspects of the EDGE framework from leveraging Advanced Analytics to establish segmentation & outlet standards, to ensuring the right technology is in place to drive this transformation to supporting; as well as Diageo Way of Distributor Management.
3) Act like an owner in demonstrating shared accountability for implementation and holding self and others to the highest standards
- Lead, coach and work with the market teams to roll out and embed technology that will deliver objective outlet execution measurement and insights
- Be the catalyst for organisational change, leading to the markets becoming obsessed with winning at the outlet
- Take global thinking and make it locally actionable
- Take local best practice and make it globally applicable
- Responsible for driving outlet execution performance improvement in Africa. Establish with the countries a transformational EDGE strategy and plan that will ensure DIAGEO are best in class globally vs our peer benchmarks and deliver business ambitions
- Delivering improved distributor operations via Diageo Way of Distributor Management and Route to Market choices
- Provide on-going leadership and coaching (hands on with task) so countries can embed this change
- Be the catalyst for organizational behaviour change, leading to the markets and our partners continually improving their standards, capabilities and business results
- Ensure that the countries are generating Outlet Execution insights to both improve performance but also ensure the “right” outlet execution standards are established
- Work hand in hand with the GM and Commercial Directors to ensure the delivery of the transformation, Outlet Execution KPIs and market share
- Deliver improved outlet execution performance against KPI’s in priority markets based on improved measurement and insight generation which will deliver improved Market Share and NSV.
- A proven sales leader (min 8 years) who has lead a high performance, sizeable sales organization. A heavy hitter who has delivered strong performance (market share) through improvements in execution at outlet
- Expertise in Field Sales Management & Distributor Management; Route to Market Transformation experience and Customer Management an added benefit
- Advanced Commercial acumen and a problem solver; restless & agile – lives and breathes implementation
- Ability to impact and influence through the organization from GM thru to front line sales representative
- Lack of subject matter expertise or ability to engage and influence the countries and markets in this agenda
- Low levels of stakeholder management, alignment and influencing skills
- Inability to see a clear view of the future end state which will enable us be benchmarked externally as leading capability
- Lack of drive to be a “change agent”
Please click apply for further details and to make your application