Audit Pensions, Audit Manager, Open to flexible working
This isn’t your typical audit manager’s role. Whether you want part time, full time or sometime in between our award winning agile working culture could help you achieve the kind of work life balance you’re looking for.
What’s unusual is that it is office based, so there is very little travel involved.
Join us and you’ll be joining a growing team of proud, highly motivated people who are successfully helping to deliver the outstanding level of service our clients expect.
An opportunity exists to join our Belfast Audit team to work in the exciting financial services sector. You will be working within a dedicated project team who are currently developing and growing a national Pension Audit Centre of Excellence (PACoE) in Belfast. With a particular focus on quality and efficiency, PACoE has been developed to transform the manner in which pension and pension related audits are performed by Deloitte in the UK. As one of our three primary locations, our Managers help to instill confidence in our clients of a job well done.
But it’s also their ability to deliver efficient, reliable and cost-effective working practices that makes them really shine. And we’ll make sure you do too. Thanks to the wealth of training and development opportunities available we’ll make sure your technical and soft skills keep you ahead of the game.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As a Manager within the Pensions Audit practice you will have responsibility for:
- Management of an allocated portfolio of client engagements.
- Leading Audit teams through the use of the Deloitte Audit Delivery Centres.
- Testing and discussing controls and procedures with clients and report evidence
- Audit, field managing and reporting on corporate IAS 19 investment asset disclosures.
- Assisting engagement teams working on specific financial services projects.
- Providing added value for engagement teams and the wider Audit practice, supporting them in delivering a ‘Distinctive’ client experience by collating insights and considering their communication throughout the wider firm
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte Belfast office with no travel.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time / Permanent part-time / Permanent annualised days.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent) along with a thorough knowledge of GAAP and IFRS
- Relevant pension audit experience and familiarity with pension scheme reporting and regulatory requirements e.g. SORP
- Computer literacy with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel)
- An ability to constructively challenge and demonstrate discretion
- Initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- An eye for detail, effective interpersonal skills and a healthy professional scepticism
You are here: Audit
We understand our clients' operations, their industry and the issues they face. We understand an audit is not about looking back, but about helping those businesses to plan for a successful future. Together with our team you will build on our distinctive combination of specialist skills, pioneering technology, industry expertise and on-going investment to grow our business and continue to improve the market-defining services we offer.
Our Practice offers a wide ranging and challenging number of business areas in which to develop your career. These comprise business assurance within our Corporate Groups, Public Sector and Financial Services Audit groups, and advisory specialisms including Treasury Advisory, Risk Analytics and Technology Consulting.
As one of the largest audit practices, joining us will mean working with some of the leading practitioners in the industry, for some of the leading organisations in the world and towards a career goal that is entirely yours to shape.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 152683