Highways Asset Engineer, Open to flexible working
As a Highway Asset Engineer for the Street Scene Service within the London Borough of Hackney, we are seeking an experienced and talented professional to be responsible for the successful delivery of the business objectives of your designated team that will contribute to the achievement of the Council’s corporate objectives.
We will look to you to create a vision for the team which delivers innovative, cost effective and imaginative solutions which are based on best practice and which deliver high quality, successful and customer focus outcomes.
The Highway Asset Engineer will ensure, in conjunction with colleagues, that statutory and legal obligations are delivered and communicated in a customer-focused manner, optimising available resources. The role holder will be expected to:
- Act as Local Street Gazetteer Custodian in line with T&Cs set out by GeoPlace
- Monthly submission of Street Gazetteer to The Hub
- Improvements to the gazetteer in line with direction from GeoPlace
- Liaise with Local Address Custodian, and Street Naming and Numbering Officer
- To take responsibility in conjunction with colleagues, for undertaking such correspondence and discussions with the public and Council officers or other appropriate people as required for the determination of applications.
- Liaise with Local Address Custodian, and local Street Naming and Numbering Officer, on issues related to LSG and LLPG
- Liaise with similar titled officers in neighbouring boroughs on LSG issues that cross borough boundaries
- Have knowledge of Land Registry, and be able to provide evidence as necessary with regards Land Registration and/or Public Highway extent
- To prepare, manage, and assist with site surveys, Highway surveys and other means of data collection, as necessary for the job.
- Detailed Visual Inspections (DVI) of CW and FW - public highway and housing estates
- Asset surveys of public highway and housing estates.
Hackney is one of the UK’s highest performing local authorities, serving one of London’s best places to live and work. We have achieved a huge amount: our services, our schools, our public spaces are all amongst the very best. We have changed the reputation, not just of the Council, but of Hackney itself. Bringing jobs and investment into the borough, securing the legacy from 2012 Games, and making this a place of which we can all be proud.
If you share our values and are ready to be part of our exciting journey please click 'Apply'.
Please refer to the Job Description and Person Specification. It is essential that you include a supporting statement, addressing how your skills, knowledge and experience meet all the aspects of the post, as indicated in the job description and person specification.
Closing date for application: 02 April 2019, (23.59pm)
We are also working towards our vision, which is to be a place for everyone; where residents and staff can be proud; a place that celebrates diversity and where everyone can feel valued, included and involved. In order to achieve this, we look for people who are: Proud; Ambitious; Pioneering; Open; Proactive; Inclusive.
Hackney Council works to eradicate discrimination on the basis of race, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, age and marital status. We also recognise that people can be disadvantaged by their social and economic circumstances, so we will also work to eliminate discrimination and disadvantage caused by social class. We also welcome those interested in flexible working. We particularly welcome applications from disabled people, as this group is currently under represented in our workforce.