Audit and Assurance, Independent Risk Review Manager (Full/ Part Time), Audit Centre of Excellence
- Contract Type
Qualified Auditors / Accountants required to work in an office-based role at our Audit Centre of Excellence in Belfast. Part time and full time applications welcome.
As part of our drive to deliver Distinctive Audit to our clients, we have established Centres of Excellence to support our client engagement teams throughout the UK. We now have opportunities for Independent Risk Reviewers (in External Audit) to join us where you will develop best practice and play a key role in helping deliver a high quality service to our clients.
As a qualified accountant with external audit and accounts experience, you’ll have the strong technical and risk management skills to perform Professional Standard Reviews (PSR). Liaising daily with our client engagement teams, you’ll provide them with remote support in completing risk management and quality reviews associated with the audit of statutory accounts.
Our established training programmes will provide you with an opportunity to develop both your technical and soft skills and, our internal technical training is recognised for CPE credit purposes by all the major professional institutes. No travel is required for the role and agile working can be requested.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
As a Manager within the Audit and Assurance practice you will have responsibility for:
- Performing an independent risk focused review of the statutory accounts, group reporting and the underlying audit work
- Holding constructive discussions, challenging senior members of the engagement team on the appropriateness of and approach to identified audit risks
- Challenging the engagement team to ensure that results of testing and judgements are adequately documented
- Liaising with engagement teams on resolution of any issues, including coordinating appropriate escalation of issues within the department
- Completion of GAAP compliance reviews of statutory accounts to ensure compliance with applicable accounting standards
- Providing added value for engagement teams and the wider audit practice, supporting them in delivering the ‘distinctive client experience’ by collating insights and considering their wider communication throughout the firm
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; have a clear understanding of the firm’s commitment to creating a more inclusive culture
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: You will be based in a Deloitte Belfast office with no travel.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time / Permanent part-time / Permanent annualised days.
Your professional experience
To qualify for the role you must have:
- ACA/ACCA qualification (or equivalent);
- Thorough knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS;
- Ability to constructively challenge, Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Understanding of risk management, professional scepticism and attention to detail
- Able to display initiative, proactivity, professionalism and confidence
- Diligence, hard work and co-operation to be an effective member of the team
- Articulate and able to demonstrate discretion
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure with a flexible approach
Your service line
Audit & Assurance
An imperative for all at Deloitte, innovation lives in Audit & Assurance as fully as in any other field. From process automation to reframing our team structure, we’re on a constant drive for positive transformation – for our clients and our people. With robots now taking care of routine tasks here, for example, you’re free to focus on what you do best: interpreting information, collaborating and communicating. You won’t be limited by sector experience either; we recognise that your skills and knowledge, wherever you gained them, can have a positive impact anywhere. You’ll work across industries, and with colleagues throughout the firm, to give clients the information and insights they need to make great decisions.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation. We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 150496