Learning, Event Management Advisor, Human Resources, Open to flexible working
Our people are our most important asset. Through an increasing use of blended learning solutions we are seeking to deliver a ground-breaking, agile solution that delivers outstanding results and exceeds their expectations.
Our Design and Delivery teams are all centres of excellence in their own right. Consisting of Content Design, Content Enablement, Content Management, Faculty Management and Event Management, these teams work collectively to grow, develop and extend high quality and innovative learning solutions to the business.
Our events team have their finger on the pulse. They are in charge of running high quality industry focused events that drive discussion, share new trends & enable our colleagues to learn from both experts & peers alike.
Working closely with the Event Manager, you will create sub-Project Initiation Documents (PIDs) which support the master Content Design PID for the creation of learning and development programmes. Your role will be to manage the logistics associated with the course or event; booking facilitators, organising travel arrangements, sending invitations, conducting site visits, in fact everything that will ensure the event runs like clockwork. It’s a varied and hands on role; one which you can really explore your potential and develop your project management and organisational skills. We are looking for flexible multi-taskers and enthusiastic team players who can also be relied upon to take the initiative and solve problems on their own.
Include specific responsibilities
- Create a sub-PID for each event, in support of the Master Content Design PID for creation of programmes.
- Work closely with the Faculty Management team to import facilitator names relevant to audience and budget requirements.
- Maintain close relations with SSO and Cardiff (for Audit Assurance) teams for course and event logistics purposes.
- Manage scheduling, nominations process, invitation and cancellation process.
- Work with Grassroots for venue booking.
- Request written confirmation from venue for all requirements ensuring correct setup and logistics
- Conduct site visits as required.
- Manage onsite support as required, including VC, catering.
- Arrange and manage accommodation and travel arrangements.
- Create purchase orders and liaise with vendor for invoicing as per agreement.
- Dealing with ad hoc queries received via email, phone or mail, always looking to push queries to SSO helpdesk as relevant.
- Support events off-site.
- Facilitation will be part of the role and a balance will be found between keeping skills fresh and relevant within the job role.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Experience of contributing to process improvements.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills to address diverse organisational stakeholders at all levels.
- Good commercial acumen for vendor management and experience of working with procurement and contractual agreements/SLAs.
- Adept at communicating, coaching, challenging and engaging with senior stakeholders.
- A strong relationship builder with a proven ability to influence, consult and advise at an appropriate level.
- Strong business and commercial acumen with the ability to use and interpret appropriate metrics and insights
- Able to manage concurrent activities ensuring appropriate risk management
- Experience or exposure to project management principles and strong organisational skills
Your service line
Internal Client Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal client services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. We impact every area of our business, every day. From solving IT issues quickly and efficiently, to ensuring our people get the best possible training, to guiding colleagues on their tax and pensions. From our centralised hubs in Milton Keynes and Cardiff, we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperatives from all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 164107