Senior Resourcing Manager (Job Share) - Weds/Thurs/Fri
Role Overview & Purpose
This role acts as the job share with the existing Head of Resourcing, 3 days a week (Wednesday to Friday) to lead the overall resourcing and deployment of the Halebury interim flexible lawyer team.
Working closely with the recruitment and sales function, the resourcing function responds to all new and existing client resourcing requirements and deploys the existing core interim legal consulting team and also those in the recruitment pipeline onto these client engagements.
This role focuses on maintaining long term client relationships to ensure we are their supplier of choice for flexible interim legal support. The role also maintains strong relationships with our existing core team to ensure they are engaged fully with the Halebury model to maintain our enviable retention levels. Furthermore, this role acts as the relationship manager between the lawyer and client for the duration of their client placement.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks
- Responsible for the management and deployment of interim lawyer team onto interim engagements, based on skills, experience and availability
- Work closely with recruitment team to deploy new joiners whilst balancing the redeployment of the existing team to increase recruitment levels and maximise utilisation
- Maintain ongoing direct contact with range of clients to understand their resourcing requirements, budgets, challenges and discuss how Halebury can provide them with optimal resourcing solutions
- Negotiate rates and terms with clients to ensure margins are met and forge long standing relationships, often proposing and agreeing creative and bespoke solutions
- Maintain ongoing relationships with core team and clients through regular contact and Client Insights programme
- Ensure all new clients and new engagements follow due process and all necessary paperwork has been completed before we engage in work e.g. engagement forms and new client/matter process has been followed
- Undertake ongoing analysis and reporting on financial performance of the resourcing and deployment function, forecasting revenue
- Maintain CRM systems (BullHorn) with accurate information, including vacancy and placement lists and other ongoing activity
- Internal meeting attendance and regular reporting on the resourcing function e.g. Monthly Management Meetings
- Work alongside Halebury GC when negotiating contracts with new clients and RPO providers.
- Work closely with the sales function to ensure the potential new client/engagement pipeline interfaces with resource and deployment function and to identify opportunities. Proactively support in helping to convert their activities into vacancies and placements.
The Head of Resourcing must be an experienced resourcing/deployment specialist, gained ideally in the legal industry. They must have a proven proactive and entrepreneurial approach with the interpersonal skills to succeed in a visible and challenging position.
It is strongly preferred that he/she brings the following experience and abilities to the role:
- A minimum of 8 years resourcing experience gained predominantly within the legal industry.
- Ideally operated in a sales driven recruitment environment as part of their career.
Competencies and Attributes
- A work ethic that is underpinned by forming close, trusted relationships with candidates and clients based on integrity and doing the right thing.
- A true team player with an approachable, down-to-earth and resilient personality with strong communication, negotiation and influencing skills.
- A self-confident, proactive and organised self-starter with high energy and motivation.
- Able to manage expectations and strong negotiation skills.
- An ability to work in a busy environment with conflicting demands and can work effectively under pressure to meet challenging deadlines.
- An ability to work well as a member of a team, to collaborate and share knowledge.
- Proven ability to operate autonomously coupled with sound judgement on when to escalate, seek advice and/or advise management of issues or developments.
Halebury Resourcing offers top senior legal expertise accessible by the hour, day and week. Whether you’re a global giant needing cover for maternity leave, or a small start-up that wants to access big company backup on an ad hoc basis, we deliver the legal support required.
Halebury Consulting, partners with organisations to transform their in-house legal teams, support business strategies, and achieve organisational goals.
Our team is made up of former General Counsel and Heads of Legal. They truly understand the unique challenges and have the perfect mix of skill and experience for the job.
Our Resourcing and Consulting lawyers are supported by a dedicated senior management team from diverse professional backgrounds gained within leading law firms and professional services businesses. The HQ team ensure there is always someone available for our lawyers to speak with, be about finance, marketing and business development and new client assignments, or just for a catch up. This team is expanding and we now require an additional Head of Resourcing.
Our work ethic
Using flexible teams of senior in-house lawyers, we drive efficiency and supercharge quality. The best people in the right positions. The right career move for senior lawyers looking for greater freedom and work that matters. Great results, reduced costs, time saved and a new way of thinking.
Halebury’s senior lawyers drive positive change through agility and vigour, experience and expertise. They have the opportunity to use their skills to achieve more, and work with a greater variety of clients.
Independent but in-house, regular but flexible, ambitious and fulfilled. We provide our lawyers with the work they really want to do, when they want to do it and with the clients they want to work with. We’re not an agency or a traditional law firm. We’re Halebury.
Please apply with your CV and covering letter via the application method below.