Manager - Employer Solutions - Reward Advisory Services, Open to flexible working
1 day left
- Contract Type
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
People are a businesses' greatest asset. However, they can also be their biggest challenge. Join us in Employer Solutions and you’ll work closely with your clients to learn about their challenges. You’ll provide pragmatic, realistic solutions for your clients’ people, pay and rewards. Our specialists work in supporting small and medium-sized businesses through to large corporates on a wide range of tax issues. You’ll help them achieve their business goals, enable them to grow sustainably and in turn help to shape a vibrant economy.
Grant Thornton’s Reward Advisory Services (RAS) team sits within the broader Employer Solutions (ES) team that provides support to employers and employees in the South region via four main sub-teams: RAS; Global Mobility Services; Employment Tax and Payroll; Employee Benefits and People Advisory Consultancy.
Together with the ES South Team, RAS South has experienced significant growth over the past two years and anticipates this to continue. This is a fantastic opportunity for an individual to join a Team that is going from strength to strength and to be part of our future growth plans.
What you’ll be doing:
As an Assistant Manager or Manager (depending on experience), your role will be primarily focused on the delivery of high-quality client work, taking ownership of advisory projects, working directly with clients and working with both junior and senior team members in order to fulfil client expectations.
- advise on all areas of tax relating to employers and share based incentivisation, including tax advantaged share plans: EMI, CSOP, SAYE and SIP and non-tax advantaged plans such as LTIPs, cash, growth and restricted share plans
- design, draft and implement those plans for clients from start-ups through to AIM listed and mid-market at all stages of their growth trajectories to meet their commercial aims.
- take responsibility for quality and risk on your projects, ensuring the team complies with all on-boarding, record keeping and regulatory procedures and that all work is appropriately peer reviewed
- work closely with your direct taxes colleagues to help clients acquiring companies to identify and manage any Employment Related Securities risk in their targets
- work closely with your team to deliver a quality service to clients
- play an important role in coaching junior team members, helping them to develop and support you with client work
In addition, you will assist the senior leadership team in building strong relationships with clients and potential clients as trusted advisers, helping to spot opportunities for Grant Thornton to assist them in all aspects of their business and also helping with raising the profile of the team in the market through events and media campaigns.
Who we're looking for:
The ideal candidate will have:
- specific experience in delivering RAS projects within an accountancy practice or law firm
- be CTA or legally qualified (or equivalent)
- a genuine passion to learn and support the team in the delivery of both challenging and routine work.
- an ability to proactively manage your workload and prioritise effectively, working to sometimes tight deadlines and across multiple projects.
- strong verbal and written communication skills.
- a desire to work as part of a team working collaboratively with your colleagues.
We will also consider tax professionals (CTA or legal) with some experience in delivering RAS projects and advice looking to specialise in this area. Part-time working is available.
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services.
You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within our team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.