Management Accountant – Full Time (Open to flexible working) - London
Reporting to CFO
Snowball is a pioneering investment organisation that targets social and environmental impact alongside financial return. Our goal is to make impact investment easy for anyone to access through a public listing of the fund, and to demonstrate that this is the future for mainstream investment.
Snowball invests globally across asset classes into businesses that have a positive impact on society and the planet. Our highly diversified portfolio includes public and private market investments ranging from housing the homeless and community owned renewable energy in the UK to microfinance in the developing world.
We are looking to expand our finance team as the project grows and are now looking for a full time financial accountant to work alongside the CFO and a part-time bookkeeper to help support the business’s financial and reporting function. The role is broad and varied in a fast moving innovative asset management business and would be a fantastic opportunity for someone who has some experience in a similar role or is a fast learner and is naturally interested in social impact investment.
Working arrangements are very flexible, with the opportunity for home working when appropriate. Compensation will be competitive with social investment organisations; the benefits package includes up to 12 weeks holidays (8 weeks as standard) and a contributory pension scheme with up to an 11% employer contribution.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a strong affinity with Snowball's mission, values and vision
- Be an experienced accountant (at least 3 years PQE) with a good technical competency in accounting and tax, ideally with experience of:
- Working in a regulated environment
- Fund management and fund management back-office processes
- Social, impact or responsible investing
- Partnership and corporate accounting
- UK GAAP and IFRS
- Private equity
- Have an entrepreneurial and intellectually curious mindset, a dynamic attitude, high energy and drive, experience of a small rapid growth environment
- Strong team player
- Be a strong completer finisher, self-starter, problem solver, analyst, with logical, methodical and structured thinking
- Have strong IT skills, particularly excel
- Detailed knowledge of working with Xero
- Excellent communication skills – written and spoken
- Capacity to learn quickly and take on responsibility for tasks reliably
- Flexible and responsive.
Role Description and Key Responsibilities - the Management Accountant will:
- Work closely with the CFO, providing financial and operational support
- Manage month end reporting process for both management accounts and portfolio valuation purposes
- Oversee bookkeeping work and accounts payable
- Assist with database project after kick off
- Analytical and other project work
- Bring and keep up to date portfolio and transaction data, audit validity of same
- Bring and keep up to date partnership records
- Develop and document policies and procedures, systems and processes in relation to the finance function
- Liaise with auditors and tax advisers in relation to year end and tax compliance matters
- Liaise with external service providers on day to day matters
- Liaise with partner offices on accounting and tax matters
- Support the investment transaction process with legals, KYC and other matters relating to execution
- Monitor performance to budget and seek options to minimise spend
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of:
- Onboarding of new Partners into Snowball LLP including e.g. valuation of incoming Partner portfolios, calculation of Partnership share(s) and equalisation payments, reviewing of legal agreements and general due diligence
- Investor reporting, fund administration and operations, including outsourced services
- Portfolio valuations, asset pricing and performance measurement
- Cashflow forecasting, treasury, and cash management
- Budgets and management accounts
- Statutory accounts and audit, internal controls and financial processes
- Legal agreements, tax planning and reporting, insurance
- Governance, legal compliance and regulatory reporting
- Any other ad hoc work as required.
How to apply:
To apply for the role of management accountant, please forward a covering letter (maximum two sides of A4), and your CV (on one document). Please ensure that your application fully addresses how you meet the requirements of the role as defined in the person specification.
Please provide the names, positions, organisations and telephone contact numbers of two referees relevant to this role. References will only be taken with your permission, once your application has progressed to offer stage.
Applications should be submitted to Helen Senior via the Apply button below.
The closing date for applications is Wednesday 10th April. Interviews will take place shortly thereafter.
We look forward to hearing from you.