Business Administrator - Part Time (4 days) - Hackney, London
Job Title: Business Administrator
Sector: Distribution (To Businesses)
Function: Administration, Finance
Reports to: Director and Finance Manager
Salary: £28,000 - £30,000 pro rata full time (40 hours) equivalent
Location: Hackney E8, London
Job Type: 4 days (32 hours) a week (flexible)
AquAid (London Central) is an independent, city fringe based, water cooler and bottled water distributor, supplying businesses and organisations across central London and is part of the AquAid national network. A key purpose of our organisation is the funding, through donations from the sale of our water, of sustainable clean drinking water projects in developing countries through long standing partnerships with the charities Christian Aid and Africa Trust.
Due to recent and planned future growth we are both adding to and making changes to our staffing roles. We are looking for an experienced Administrator to work alongside our Finance/Accounts Manager, Operations Manager and Operations Administrator to co-ordinate a strong administrative capability in support of the business’s stability and growth.
The job will suit a person who values the considerable autonomy, flat structure and collaborative way of working that a small business like ours allows. We recognise the value of and support flexible working. In turn we expect more hours to be worked at the busy month end.
- To administer and oversee the setting up and updating of our customer water delivery and cooler rental accounts in liaison with the Finance/ Accounts Manager and Operations team
- To ensure accuracy of recording of all trading activity prior to month end invoicing and to support the Finance Manager in processing accounts for receiving payment and credit control
- To set up and administer a Purchase Order System in conjunction with the Finance Manager
- To optimise trading margins through monitoring and implementing price increases and replacement charges for non-returned bottles and coolers
- To provide information, written quotations and follow up to prospective customer phone-in and web generated e-mail enquiries in conjunction with Operations Administrator
- To administer processing of supplier accounts in liaison with the Finance Manager and Operations Manager.
- A highly organised person with a strong administrative background - at least 5 years is preferred – with management experience
- While experience gained from working in a transport, distribution or logistics environment might be an advantage the capability and determination to gain a detailed knowledge of our business is of more importance
- The ability to carry out methodical and meticulous data entry/ checks is essential as is the ability to establish and record important information
- Ability to build rapport with colleagues and customers and possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Very good MS Excel skills. MS Access skills desirable but not essential
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision is essential.
For further information, please refer to the full job description that is attached.
In order to apply for this job, please click the Apply button below and attach your CV and a covering message explaining how your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.