Finance Manager - UK&I - 18 Month FTC, Open to flexible working
Location - Either London or in one of our hub offices (Glasgow, Birmingham, Newcastle). Frequent travel to London will be required if based outside London
This role reports to the Head of Finance and will be giving insight to the business and making recommendations to improve business performance are a key part of this role. As well as being part of the UKI Finance Team it is essential that this role partners with the business to plan, forecast and monitor results during the year.
The role will involve preparation, analysis and control of weekly, monthly and annual financial performance, as well as proactive and forward-looking guidance. A key initiative of the UKI Finance function is to become ‘Trusted Business Advisors’ and it is important that this role is a role model to operating that way.
Your key responsibilities
- Communicating effectively with business operators, by sharing and interpreting information, giving insight that will help to improve business performance
- Developing a thorough understanding of the underlying business issues and provide forward looking and proactive advice on these
- Completing month end and year end close
- Responsibility for the annual planning process, the Q2 Forecast and other ad hoc forecasts
- Proactively communicating regularly with the Head of Finance and Operations Director to ensure emerging issues are raised promptly and to raise requests for assistance/resource on behalf of the service line
- Performing other ad hoc projects concerning systems, process improvement and other business requirements
Skills and attributes for success
- Confident and able to demonstrate the ability to build strong relationships at management/partner levels
- Able to challenge and articulate opinions succinctly and persuasively
- Commercial approach and ability to demonstrate clear business understanding
- Fully qualified accountant
- Experience at a management level in professional services (or similar)
- Proven ability to interpret and provide insight
- Ability to multi-task with a proactive approach with proven ability to respond promptly to business demands and adopt a flexible approach to tasks
- Understanding of a professional services environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate financial information across a wide range of users
To qualify for the role you must have
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Management Experience
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Commitment to developing self and others around you
- Ability to coach and develop other members of the finance team
What we look for
- Someone who has experience of partnering the business, this role partners with the business to plan, forecast and monitor results during the year
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.