Financial Management Associate - FSO - Finance - 12 Month FTC, Open to flexible working
Are you good at seeing the big picture? Then join EY to gain experiences that will last a lifetime.
We’re looking for a Financial Management Associate to join our team.
This role is key to ensuring high standards of financial management expertise across clients within your portfolio. The successful candidate will partner with all levels of client servers to promote awareness and drive accountability in order to ensure a strong culture of financial accountability and accurate revenue recognition.
It is a forward thinking, challenging role that identifies and advises client servers how to achieve effective and robust financial performance. The FMA will successfully team with their FMA leaders, the Finance community and Service Line leadership
Your Key Responsibilities
In your role as a Financial Management Associate you will have responsibility for:
Maximise Revenue Predictability
- Maintain good awareness of the sales pipeline and ensure correct policies, procedures and processes have been agreed on client and engagement set up; i.e. billing schedules and payment on account.
- Review and investigate any materially influencing engagement code set ups.
- Early involvement in advising client servers on how to optimise the financial performance on the more complex and material engagements, both within their sales pipeline and on their existing portfolio.
- By constantly reviewing and assessing your portfolio, minimise adjustments to the P&L and leverage your strong relationships and commercial knowledge to identify and address any issues early on.
- Review and monitor inventory across your portfolio to identify risk and provide key stakeholders up to date details on potential risks to revenue recognition and revenue day performance.
- Escalate key risks and provide recommendations for ways to avoid and improve to your seniors.
- Build awareness about the importance of a smooth running financial performance and the key tools, processes and training that can support your client servers.
- Ensure you effectively share your knowledge of the key risks and discussions held with client servers.
Minimise Revenue Days
- Exhibit a sound understanding of how our business targets are calculated.
- Promote awareness and the levers to ensure an optimised performance of revenue days. Ensure the client teams you support understand their targets, what is required to achieve them and the impact of not achieving.
- Drive forward the working capital performance of your group by devising both short and long term initiatives to achieve long term success.
- Advise how to engage with clients to optimise both engagement margin and working capital.
- Provide relevant and timely working capital management performance information to your key stakeholders, including gap and trend analysis to effectively influence continuous performance improvement within your portfolio.
Process & Escalation Consistency / Improvement
- Identify and escalate process improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrate a positive and solution driven mind-set.
- Involvement in Global Finance Transformation projects.
Skills & Attributes for success
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and key issues driving the overall performance of your portfolio and advise recommendations for improvement
- Exhibit thorough understanding of key financial metrics and how these impact our cash flow and management accounts
- Supporting and educating the business through change management processes with a positive mind set
- Promote the use of the offshore Global Shared Services (GSS) team. Build successful relationships with the GSS to ensure they are effectively utilised
To qualify for the role you must have
- Strong analytical and numeracy skills, with a high degree of accuracy, attention to detail and ability to analyse risk.
- Good team player with ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders. Capability to advise, ‘tell a story’ to build trust and motivate people.
- Confident, with a proven ability to team with, advise and challenge all levels of seniority.
- Strong time management skills and a proven ability to balance multiple priorities by considering risk, importance and level of urgency.
- Exceptional customer service skills with ability to demonstrate good listening skills and ability to ‘look through the customer lens’.
- Customer focused and responsive with good commercial acumen/strategic thinking and an excellent communicator – both written and verbal.
What we look for
- Good listening skills and being connected and responsive to our clients and offering insight to identify areas of financial opportunity.
- Demonstrate the ability to become an effective change lead.
- Experience in a client driven professional environment in a financial/business capacity.
- Strong technical and IT skills including advanced use of Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Lotus Notes.
- Experience of presenting.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
About EY and our Vision
EY is a global professional services organisation providing advisory, assurance, tax and transaction services. We are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. And we are united by our shared values and a dedication to delivering exceptional client service
We have ambitious goals for 2020. Globally, we want to be #1 or #2 in professional services and be the best brand. To achieve this, our teams need to perform at the highest level, and have a relentless focus on delivering the excellent client service that will help us to continue to grow and become the market leader. In this context, your career will develop and grow.
We make sure our people succeed. The networks you build and the experiences you have with us will help define and accelerate the rest of your career. Last year in the UK, nearly 2,000 of our people were promoted or progressed within their grade, and we are significantly increasing the number of partners in the UK. So when you build something better at EY, we make sure you’re rewarded.