Finance Manager - Part Time (22.5 hrs pw)
Part-time 3 days per week or equivalent 22.5 hours spread across 4/5 days, based at our River Street head office and showroom in EC1R.
twentytwentyone has established itself as one of London’s foremost retailers of classic and contemporary design supplying furniture, lighting and accessories from world leading designers and manufacturers. This is an exciting time to join a company that is passionate about design.
We are currently recruiting for a highly-organised and self-motivated Finance Manager with retail industry experience. This role would best suit a proactive self-starter who takes initiative and assumes responsibility. Reporting to the Company Directors and supporting the wider management team, they should have excellent data management skills with proven knowledge and experience of Sage Line 50 accounts.
The Finance Manager will be responsible for the financial operations within the business, ensuring accuracy and compliance of company financial records.
- Bank reconciliation of accounts through Sage
- VAT return preparation and submission to HMRC
- Creditors reporting and scheduling of payment runs to maximise efficency
- Authorising bank transfer payments and monitoring currency exchange rates
- Debtors reporting, investigation, corrections and credit control
- Carry out final sign-off of credit card and petty cash reconciliation statements, expense claims and overhead invoices
- Financial management of the business P&L, capex, cash flow and balance sheet; work with senior managers to execute the strategic planning, operational planning/budgeting, forecasting and reporting processes to improve performance and profitability
- Produce monthly management account. Deliver value added analysis, insight and business performance improvement; ensuring financial integrity and effective usage of the management accounts to the company
- Preparation of year end accounts to be sent to external accountants for audit. Providing point of contact for all queries before final sign off
- Calculation and settlement of design royalties for twentytwentyone products
- Stay up to date with technological advances and accounting software to be used for financial purposes
- Ensure security of customer financial data through compliance with GDPR and PCI DDS
- Manage and oversee stock management and accuracy
- Organisation of annual stock take and completion of investigations, adjustments and closing stock valuations
- Support HR with Payroll providing cover when required.
The ideal candidate will have the following key skills and qualities:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience
- Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent
- Expert in Excel
- Experience of working with Sage Line 50 Accounts is essential
- Able to produce monthly management accounts to review level
- Experience in retail and an understanding of stock management
- Attention to quality, accuracy and detail
- Strategic thinking, planning skills and a structured and logical approach
- Ability to prioritise and work with other departments on finance related projects.
Please apply with CV and covering message stating salary expectations/current salary via the Apply button below.
We look forward to hearing from you.