Freelance Financial Controller - Working from home
Hours: Around 2 days per month
Location: Working remotely from home - Attend quarterly company meetings in the London office
Background: Our mission is simple, to get refugees cycling! We are a community of refugees, mechanics and volunteers. We collect donations of second-hand bikes, fix them together at our workshop, and then donate them to asylum seeking refugees. A small proportion of the bikes that we receive are sold through our online shop to generate funds, the proceeds of which support The Bike Project, and ensure our long-term sustainability.
There are approximately 13,500 asylum seekers that flee to London each year and almost 27,500 bikes are abandoned in the same period. Our mission is to match the two.
The Bike Project is going through a significant period of growth and we expect to turn over £1 million in 2020. We are expanding the delivery of bike donations, Pedal Power and Bike Buddies whilst developing our retail arm, The Bike Shop. We are looking for a highly motivated and forward-thinking finance professional with robust technical skills to ensure effective management of the Charity’s finance function.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, and those who have personal experience of being a refugee.
The role includes the following tasks:
- Preparing monthly management accounts, variance analysis, reforecasting and cash flow projections with financial commentary
- Preparing the annual budget and presenting it to trustees
- Presenting latest management accounts at trustee meetings (quarterly)
- Preparing project budgets for grant applications and submitting financial reports to funders (ad hoc)
- Leading the preparation of the annual statutory accounts and be the main point of contact for the independent examiner/auditor.
- Be able to attend company meeting on quarterly basis
We have a freelance bookkeeper in place who processes receipts and payments and provides support with day to day financial processes
Experience and qualifications
- Qualifications: Fully qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA/ICAS) ) accountant
- Experience: At least five years post-qualification experience, some of which should be in the charity sector. How to apply:
Please send a cover letter and CV via the apply button below