EA Corporate Development and Corporate Strategy, Open to flexibleworking
Do you have a keen eye for a detail and thrive in a fast-paced environment? Do you have a strong administrative background and history supporting senior leaders? If so, we want to hear from you!
In this role you will provide efficient and comprehensive secretarial and administrative support to 2 Senior Vice Presidents in the Corporate Development and Strategy team.
- Respond to emails / letters/ calls on behalf of senior leaders with excellent written and verbal communication
- Pro-active diary management, anticipating events and deciding upon action required, acting upon key requests and resolving issues as they arise
- Co-ordinate & organise international and national travel. Process necessary visa applications and produce all types of documentation including preparation of materials in advance of regular key meetings
- Organise all logistics for complex meetings (visitors, catering etc), conferences and events whilst adhering to the meetings policies, liaising with internal/ external parties
- Proactively deal with upcoming challenges and issues for manager and in manager's absence using sound judgment to bring resolution
- You will engage effectively with EAs to the CET and high profile external partners
- Be competent in all administration processes and GSK internal systems: Concur for travel and expenses, CERPS for managing invoices and raise purchase orders, Meeting Manager for room bookings, etc.
- Build strong working relationships and networks within GSK and wider community
- Undertake ad hoc reports/projects as required simultaneously with routine work
- You will be comfortable managing a high volume workload proactively to a consistently high standard, by setting priorities, objectives and target dates
- You will also be asked to cover for A CET admin during times of holiday and sickness
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages
- Experience working in a large, complex organisation
- Ability to build relationships with Key Stakeholders and internal GSK departments
- Experience supporting senior levels of management (Director, VP, SVP) with administration
- Strong skills in diplomacy, problem solving and communications
- Highest level of integrity and confidentiality - able to handle confidential and sensitive information appropriately
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time whilst maintaining an excellent eye for detail
- Has a can-do attitude that will drive to find practical solutions
- Able to manage work independently and efficiently
- Able to manage a complex and fast paced environment
- Offers high-level of customer service and support in a highly matrix environment interfacing with all levels of the organisation
- Excellent team player with good listening skills
- Prior experience supporting SVP level from an admin perspective
At GSK we are a science-led global healthcare company. We research and develop a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare. Our mission is inspiring and challenging - to help people do more, feel better and live longer.
We have a significant global presence with commercial operations in more than 150 countries, a network of 86 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Spain, Belgium and China.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.