Associate - open to flexible working
Our Insolvency team undertakes insolvencies ranging from individuals through to large, complex group structures with cross-border presence. Our insolvency practitioners are recognised market experts, having led cases that have developed insolvency law and pioneered new models such as working on a contingent basis.
Our Insolvency team deals with insolvencies involving asset tracing and recovery actions, and the investigation of significant shortfalls in insolvency and fraud related cases. Our insolvency practitioners have extensive experience of recoveries in the UK and overseas, including the Caribbean, Middle East, Africa, Europe and Asia. We are supported by colleagues in member firms in all of the major offshore and onshore centres. Our stakeholders range from individuals and businesses, to government agencies and major financial institutions.
We offer an integrated service that encompasses: the assessment of options and cost analysis, valuation, stakeholder management, tax planning, detailed step plans and delivery of the insolvency process in order to achieve realisations for the benefit of stakeholders.
What you’ll be doing:
- Communicate effectively internally and externally.
- Responsible for a varied portfolio of cases, and handle such in a timely and efficient manner, with a good understanding of prioritising workload.
- Understands and adheres to office and departmental procedures and risk management requirements eg money laundering, risk management manual.
- Able to perform basic analytical work using Excel and other tools.
- Delegate effectively when appropriate and communicate with other departments.
- Identify and action opportunities for personal and professional development.
- Review, analyse and create file notes on third party documentation namely books and records, bank statements and third party files.
- Provide updates to case managers and senior staff on your workflow. Case management and compliance is a major part of the role.
- Prepare and file appropriate statutory documents on appointment and throughout case including statutory reporting.
- Correspond with all relevant stakeholders as appropriate by writing basic letters and emails, and dealing with telephone calls.
- Prepare receipts and payments accounts, maintain clear and up to date cash book, and where required, prepare Estimated Outcome Statements. Have an understanding of the importance of the difference between fixed and floating realisations and costs.
- Arrange meetings and telephone conferences and prepare minutes of statutory and other meetings and telephone calls.
- Process basic creditor claims and control the mail out of creditor circulars.
- Input into the preparation of VAT returns and VAT reclaims.
- Research basic company information i.e. Companies House, Land Registry.
- Liaise with insurers, solicitors and agents and provide information requested.
Who we're looking for:
- Requirement for an Insolvency administrator to join the insolvency and fraud asset recovery team.
- Necessary to have at least 12 months insolvency experience, working on corporate and personal insolvencies.
- IPS experience
- Some investigation experience would be beneficial.
- No formal qualifications required, although someone studying for AAT, ACCA, or ACA would be beneficial.
- We are looking for someone with strong communication skills and a strong eye for detail.
- You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to be a team player and coach, mentor and develop your colleagues as you develop.
- You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.