Framework Manager / Framework Administration - open to flexible working
We have an increasing number of agreements known as Master Service Agreements (MSAs) or Framework Agreements. This role will be to bring together the information and oversight of all MSAs within the firm and to apply a consistent set of principles to their engagement and their management. The ownership of each MSA will remain within the service line, with the service line partner or director, but this role will enable one point of entry for any-one looking to engage under an MSA, in both operational and commercial terms. It will also seek to ensure that all MSAs are properly managed and recorded.
What you’ll be doing:
- you’ll develop and maintain an appropriate knowledge of legal, ethical regulatory and contractual requirements that may apply to MSAs
- you’ll work with Partners and teams within service lines to support them to put in place an MSA, log its terms and manage any reporting and contractual obligations under it
- you’ll be a point of contact for all matters in relation to MSAs and be able to refer the query onwards as appropriate
- you’ll work collaboratively across all areas of the firm in order to ensure that MSAs are properly contracted with appropriate commercial terms in place
- you’ll liaise with GTIL and other members firms on MSAs outside the UK firm that might impact on contracting for work within the UK firm
- you’ll be the guardian of the firms MSAs and their management once signed off by both parties
- you’ll maintain a master list of MSAs and make this internally visible to the firm via intranet sites such as Yammer and SharePoint
- you’ll maintain the MSA repository on Enterprise LiveLink giving access to those that require these on a regular basis
- you’ll advise partners and directors when MSAs are due to come to the end of their contract life and assist in the preparation of the bid renewal
- you’ll ensure all current MSAs are reviewed on a rolling audit programme
- you’ll provide accurate and timely MI reporting ensuring the necessary deadlines are met
- you’ll ensure all client questionnaires and completed consistently across the firm to maintain the firm’s reputation
- you’ll review and maintain the MSA and Contractor Assistant’s training, contribute to their appraisal and encourage their development
Who we're looking for:
- Understand the process for client questionnaires and how they are completed (minimum requirement)
- Have an understanding of the nature of the markets and requirements of the service lines in which MSAs are put in place to contextualize them
- Be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
- Be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues.
- You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.