Senior Systems Management Engineer (Monitoring), Assistant Manager, Open to flexible working
The Systems Management Team are responsible for the monitoring, analytics and automation of the UK and Swiss infrastructure. Reporting to the Head of Operations the team’s purpose is to provide the tools and data to proactively identify potential issues with infrastructure, applications and user experience with a bespoke set of monitoring tools. Using this data the team also provide expert insight on the health, capacity and performance of services to drive continuous service improvement using metrics and KPIs. The team is also responsible for infrastructure automation focusing on automating the most repetitive, laborious tasks using a range of orchestration and PowerShell scripting.
From design and development to support and maintenance of all Systems Management platforms including System Center Suite, SolarWinds and supplement technologies this role will serve as the technical authority in the team focusing on solutions’ and processes’ standardisation delivering the monitoring strategy for the UK and Swiss estate.
Development and management of the team’s tools - System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM), SolarWinds Orion Platform and Remote Desktop Services (MS RDS)
Showing the way in monitoring and best of class solutions that improve Deloitte’s monitoring, reporting and automation capabilities.
Providing analytics for the day to day usage of management tool framework by Service Delivery teams ensuring systems are correctly and consistently used and the continual service improvement of these tools
Design and deliver solutions using a mix of Management Pack authoring and SQL reporting/presentation.
Take ownership for all technical documentation and processes including maintenance plans, periodical health reviews and CSI incentives
Managing regular updates to ensure Deloitte records are accurate including checks are performed on the Change Management Database (CMDB) and validate the integrity of platform assets by running weekly/monthly reports and ensuring appropriate changes are carried out.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
- Expert level experience with System Centre Operations Manager (SCOM 2016/Current Branch) and SolarWinds (including NPM, VMAN, SRM, NCM 7.8, NTA modules)
- Strong technical background with experience in a wide range of Server platforms/OS’s and server-side applications. (HP Servers and Cloud technologies, Microsoft Server Operating Systems – All versions)
- Strong experience in SQL management, reporting (SSRS), querying and table building
- Desired experience in utilising toolsets (Azure Monitor, OMS Log Analytics, Kusto)
- Desired experience with Cloud Monitoring (AWS and Azure)
- Desired knowledge of PowerShell scripting
- MCSA Windows Server 2012/2016
- Cloud Platform and Infrastructure
- TIL Foundation V3
- Aptitude for providing exceptional technical consultancy for all areas of project delivery and other consultant functions
- Ability to remain calm and collected when the environment becomes fast-paced or intense.
- Excellent communication and documentations skills
- Encourage a supportive and consultative working environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem resolution skills
- Able to work well to deadlines
- Problem Solving
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve common Server environment problems.
- Participates in problem solving discussions and provides suggestions.
- Takes initiative to draw conclusions based on information obtained from business community.
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 164334