HR Manager - Part Time (3 days pw) - London
Salary: Up to £50,000 FTE per annum
Benefits: Generous Pension. 27 days annual leave pro-rated. Up to a max of 10% of basic salary bonus part of which is performance related.
To proactively support the COO in the delivery of the People Strategy leading on HR operations and learning and development interventions in order for PLSA to be a great place to work, with the able to recruit and retain excellent staff.
The post holder will report to the Chief Operating Officer.
- To support the COO and play a leading role delivering the people strategy for the PLSA
- To establish the effective delivery of an internal HR function supporting around 50 employees
- To be the main point of contact for all HR operations
- To be the main point of contact for the delivery of identified and agreed learning and development provision
- To ensure effective HR management that includes:
- Supporting managers with issues related to managing performance, people development, appraisals etc
- Providing guidance and support to all staff on their own development
- Providing efficient processes to support all employees with HR operational requirements including: leave arrangements, maternity, health and wellbeing, training needs, recruitment process and procedures, a comprehensive induction and exit process
- Providing advice and support to recruiting managers
- Managing risk where related to employment matters, ensuring managers comply with employment law and company policies, alerting the COO to any potential issues
- Identifying learning needs across the organisation and where necessary delivering in house training; or sourcing external contracts to deliver training in order to achieves high performance individually and across teams.
- Substantial HR experience, at least at advisor level
- Membership of CIPD
- Good understanding of employment law, how it is applied whilst maintaining knowledge of employment law changes
- Experience of working in a similar organisation or the wider not-for-profit sector.
- Experience of training and development identification and delivery.
- Experience of using HR on line systems.
Key Skills and Personal Attributes
- Personally, credible with a professional demeanour that generates the trust of a range of audiences
- Educated to degree level or equivalent preferred
- Strong values - integrity and openness combined with commitment to provide excellent internal customer service
- Persuasiveness – ability to make the case and to present strong, well-reasoned, arguments with an ability to explain HR issues simply and concisely
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Pragmatic and decision-oriented being well organised
- Ability to work autonomously, to plan and manage a diverse workload effectively
- Ability to inspire and get the best out of people
- Demonstrable analytical skills supported by empathy and emotional intelligence.
We envisage that interviews will take place w/c 29th April. If you are interested in this opportunity, please Apply via the button below with your CV, and a short covering message explaining why you'd be perfect in this role.
We look forward to hearing from you.