HR Manager, Administration Team, HR services, Open to flexible working
The Shared Services Organisation requires an additional Manager to jointly oversee the smooth running of the HR Administration team within the HR Services function of the SSO. The primary function of the role is to work closely alongside our other HR Administration Manager to lead the HR Administration teams in the delivery of an excellent customer centric service, ensuring that service levels agreements are met and service improvements made. Your role will involve stakeholder management so the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with key operational teams internally and more broadly across Deloitte is essential. You will also be responsible for dealing with escalations from within and about your team and will be expected to recommend service improvements, gaining buy in for any proposed changes and when agreed, driving them through to implementation with the support of the HR Services HR Administration Senior Manager and the HR Services Director. You will support the implementation of harmonised ways of working throughout the next stages of development of HR Services as a whole.
The HR Services team totals 184 people, 113 of whom are based in Milton Keynes and 71 of whom are based in Hyderabad, India, all as part of the Shared Services Organisation. The team support the UK and Swiss Firms comprising of approximately 20,000 employees (including Partners) based across 24 UK and 6 Swiss offices. We encourage consideration of flexible ways of working, both formal and informal arrangements that allow for the best outcomes for our people and our clients. If this opportunity is of interest to you with some flexibility, please do discuss with us.
Are you looking to return to the workplace after an extended career break?
For this role we can offer coaching and support designed for returners to refresh your knowledge and skills, and help your transition back into the workplace after a career break of 2 years or more. If this is relevant for you, just let your recruiter know when you make your application.
Leadership & Strategy
- Support the growth and development of services across the function and where appropriate the migration of services to USI. Supporting process streamlining, automation opportunities and adhering to set governance.
- Jointly take an active role in the recruitment, induction and on-going training and development of team members for all HR Administration teams.
- Be actively aware of all projects that could impact the service and take an active role in their successful delivery.
HR Administration Management
- Ensure the effective management of customer service levels and jointly (with peers) monitoring call, web chat and email volumes alongside team leaders across the teams.
- Produce weekly/monthly management information for review and discussion with other managers, identifying key trends, potential process improvements or learning needs.
- Effective Performance management the team, including regular check in’s conversations, the provision of honest and timely feedback and dealing with absence management/return to work interviews.
Escalations & Complaint Resolution
- Ensure the effective resolution of escalations and complaints and take ownership for developing lessons learnt and making improvements where necessary.
Manage diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution
Your work, your choice
At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk. We carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. Please speak to your recruiter about the working pattern that works best for you.
Milton Keynes with occasional domestic and international travel with an option of working from home one day a week
This is a permanent opportunity. The role can be worked on a full-time basis. Monday – Friday between 8am and 6pm 37.5 hours per week
Your professional experience
- Commercially minded with the ability to interpret business objectives and drivers.
- Has the ability to build and maintain positive relationships with colleagues and stakeholders.
- Does not accept the status quo and is proactive in identifying and implementing continuous service improvements.
- Proactively looks for new opportunities, suggesting credible and relevant business solutions.
- Able to manage strategic priorities in times of conflict
- Previous experience managing a service delivery function including monitoring and measurement of performance against KPI’s required.
- Experience of the core Microsoft Office packages is essential and knowledge of SAP or similar HR systems is desirable.
- Previous team management experience including performance and absence management.
- Experience of managing third party suppliers/offshore teams preferable.
Your service line: Internal Services
At Deloitte, we’re all about collaboration. And nowhere is this more apparent than among our 2,000-strong internal services team. With our combined specialist skills, we provide all the essential support and advice our client-facing colleagues need, right across the firm. This enables them to focus all of their efforts on delivering the best service possible to their clients. Covering seven distinct areas; Human Resources, Clients & Industries, Finance & Legal, Shared Services, National Quality & Risk Management, IT Services, and Property & Corporate Services, together we live, breathe and deliver the Deloitte experience.
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
The UK, Ireland and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2018 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families for the eighth consecutive year, and to have been listed in The Times Top 50 Employers for Women for each of the last three years.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but our Leadership Charter helps all of our people understand what we’re looking for:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 164935