Accounts Assistant - open to flexible working
Our BSG Accounts team works primarily with clients below the audit threshold, providing financial and statutory reporting services. We support SMEs to maximise growth potential and also offer additional services through broader service line offerings within Grant Thornton such as Tax, Growth Services and Wealth Advisory.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
What you’ll be doing:
In this varied and commercial role, you can expect the following:
- You’ll be responsible for the preparation of statutory year end accounts for small unaudited companies, LLPs and charities
- You’ll be doing a combination of creating accounts and supporting schedules from source records or client’ trial balance
- You’ll be interrogating figures, asking analytical questions and ensuring we have adequate support and explanations for balances in the accounts
- You’ll be carrying out monthly/quarterly bookkeeping on Xero, QuickBooks and Sage
- You’ll be completing monthly/quarterly management accounts and processing VAT returns
- You’ll be working both on site at clients’ premises and in the office as required
- We will empower you to act as a point of contact to our clients, with a view to building up your own client portfolio
Who we are looking for:
- You’ll be AAT part or fully qualified (minimum criteria)
- You’ll have experience of working in practice or industry finance teams, carrying out all aspects of accounting
- You’ll have a knowledge of FRS 102 section 1A accounting standard
- You’ll have basic Excel skills
- You’ll have a professional, approachable manner with colleagues and clients
- You’ll have an interest in maintaining and developing your technical knowledge in order to facilitate and lead valuable discussions with our clients
- You should be able to work with agility and flexibility to achieve deadlines
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to progress your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and beyond. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
Please click the apply button below for further details and to make your application