Part time Commercial Controller, City of London
Commercial Controller, financial services, London city, part time
Our client in the financial services sector is seeking a driven, self-starting Commercial Controller to report directly to the MD. This person will be an experienced financial professional who is ACA, CIMA, ACCA qualified.
They will bring good governance credentials to act as a true “business partner” and work closely with the project and business development teams.
Introduce a more active budgeting process and improve the cash flow forecasting and cost management of client-projects and sales proposals.
They will ideally have a Business Process Outsourcing background and experience within a high growth, preferably Private Equity backed SME, with ‘Board credibility’, bringing a new perspective to the way finance operates within the business and can provide a finance function that is ‘best-in-class’.
• Prepare, analyse and present finance and management reporting for the business.
• Proactively monitor cash-flow requirements and ensure robust cash collection.
• Supporting and partnering with the Executive Team to deliver the Company strategy.
• Supporting the Executive Team through the preparation of budgets and financial reports.
• Monitoring and reporting on the Key Performance Indicators for the business.
• Supervision of the long-term Business Plan including forecasting.
• To support the Executive and Board pro-actively and positively in key business decisions.
• Enhance systems and procedures to ensure the efficient and effective management of the company’s finances.
• Commercial judgement and ability to contribute, from a financial point of view, to commercial input during contract and pricing / repricing negotiations.
• Strong in analysis and scenario planning, with ability to deliver fast ‘helicopter view’ commercial financial analysis as well as bottom up detailed modelling.
• Track record of financial accounting, analysis and corporate governance.
• A strong and up to date working knowledge of finance-based computer systems, controls and process management. Strong in Excel.
• Evidence of proactive change management.
Flexibility – 3-4 days a week (flex on working patterns)
- Location – Central London – City
- Salary – circa £100K FTE
- Recruiter – Elspeth Peters