Global Channel Lead, Open to flexible working
The ViiV Global Multichannel Excellence (MCE) team is redefining its scope and accountabilities and is a growing function within ViiV's Global Commercial Strategy function. The MCE team's goal is to drive the next generation of customer experience for ViiV, through the development of a customer-centric and integrated eco-system of channels, information and services, leveraging the power of innovation and digital technology across the enterprise.
Following a review of the business and increased focus on engaging with our customers including Patients, Payers and HCPs, the MCE team has been established as part of the Global Commercial Strategy Function. The team will provide digital expertise and capability for the Global ViiV organisation including LOCs. With deep expertise in online channels, this role will work closely with the Content Managers, Global Brand Teams, Medical, Communications and the Regions to create best in class user experiences and functionality across our channels.
Therefore, the Global Channel Lead will join the Global Multichannel Excellence team as a subject matter expert in the design, development, integration and positioning of ViiV's channels.
At a strategic level, this role will define the standards of engagement for each customer type and how the integrations will need to work to deliver a seamless and fluid experience.
On a tactical level, this role will run the channels on a day to day, ensuring the services are operating as expected and required to support the delivery of exceptional customer experiences and positive business results.
The role will also take full accountability and ownership for the end to end customer experience across the channel mix, including insights gathering around customer behavior, latest trends and industry standards. Ultimately enabling a culture of test and learn, bringing that back into the business and creating continuous improvement right across our channel ecosystem.
Specific responsibilities for ViiV's web capabilities will include:
- Develops and implements a compelling and integrated channel strategy for ViiV Healthcare that delivers customer value and growth
- Accountable for development, implementation, integration and optimisation of ViiV channels.
- Supports the overall Global Multi-Channel Engagement strategy and priorities by identifying and evaluating innovative uses of the channel that support business objectives
- Analyse technology/platforms and landscape on an ongoing basis to support the creation and deployment of current and future channel mix and strategy. Acts as a thought leader within ViiV with respect to MCE trends, platforms and solutions
- Provide regular, up to date and relevant customer behaviour insights for internal teams including marketers in the marketing environments inside and outside the Pharma sector (related to channel adoption/performance) for the purposes of rapid continuous improvement.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining the global standards, design/style guides, business processes, playbooks, KPIs, data collection requirements and measurement standards.
- Organise training, roll-out a toolset for channel activation, vendor selection and management.
- Keep up to date with latest technology
- Understand and communicate regulatory and compliance risks to leveraging product solutions to meet business. Responsible for ensuring that channel strategy is guided by Scientific Engagement principles
- Work with the Global MCE team, Regional Leads and LOCs to ensure clear feedback mechanisms are in place for channel optimisation to occur effectively.
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Closing date for applications: 23rd April 2019
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
- Bachelor's level degree in marketing or IT
- Global & EU healthcare (HCP & Patient) channels
- Experience in a Deployment Manager role from large-scale, cross-border technology programs
- Experience designing, building and owning end to end customer experiences dependent on complex corporate structures and multiple stakeholders.
- Expert level knowledge of marketing across Web, Mobile and Social Media Platforms - specifically the use of the Adobe stack to deliver impactful customer experiences online (segmentation, personalization, automation)
- Excellent understanding of product release methodologies
- Can develop and execute structured project plans to a high standard
- Strong Experience establishing and working in Agile environments with offshore development resources.
- Open-minded and motivated by cross-culture and cross-geographical team working
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills with experience managing strong customer demand from competing priorities
- Strong innovative mindset and awareness regarding opportunities to improve processes
- Technical experience with Enterprise CRM systems, tag management technologies (i.e. tealium), data layers, HTML/JS/CSS, enterprise CMS systems (i.e. Adobe Experience Manager)
- Hands-on digital marketing expertise, or relevant consulting experience, with digital tactics and channels, specifically websites, digital media programs (display, custom media, programmatic), SEO, paid search, mobile apps, and social media.
- Needs to bring connections and practical knowledge to the role ASAP
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorisation before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorisation is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorisation being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.