Private Banking Advice Manager, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
Private Banking & Advice Manager (Part of the Gatwick Team with responsibility for covering the Portsmouth / Chichester / Gosport area):
At Lloyds Banking Group, every call we make, every meeting we take, and every conversation where we advise our clients - everything is viewed from their perspective. You'll embody this philosophy to build trusted relationships with private banking clients, to enable them to grow and protect their wealth now and for future generations.
Private Banking is able to provide holistic advice where appropriate to aim to help our customers achieve their financial goals and needs. We can help customers build a robust financial plan. Using this as a basis we can support customers with their needs through access to a variety of products and services.
As one of our Private Banking Advice Managers, you’ll put advice at the heart of your interactions with clients and build and own the whole client relationship.
Maintain and grow an existing portfolio of affluent clients - Starting with a ready-made portfolio, you'll build on existing relationships with some of our more affluent customers. You'll also travel to different locations in a localised area to build a rapport with internal contacts in Retail and Commercial banking, and follow the new leads and opportunities they generate.
Own the whole relationship as a trusted advisor - Providing a complete financial planning service, you'll be rewarded for building long-term, mutually beneficial relationships with a wide range of customers. Your success lies in understanding their financial priorities and long-term goals, helping them understand their choices and providing advice that is right for them.
Conducting regular financial reviews you'll discuss and advise on new services and investment options. So you'll proactively maintain your knowledge of our full range of products, and the opportunities and challenges created by evolving financial markets. Most importantly, your knowledge, gravitas and professional approach will ensure your clients buy into you. With their interests at the heart of your advice, you'll become their trusted advisor.
Your qualifications and experience - You must be qualified to Level 4 (Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning). Ideally you'll already have, or be working towards, Level 6 but support may be available to complete this Advanced Diploma. Whether your background is in Independent Financial Advice, or with another bank or financial institution, pensions experience is essential. You must also demonstrate a considered approach, with the ability to construct written reports and clearly explain options and potential outcomes.
- Demonstrating professionalism, integrity and high standards of business ethics, ensuring that the advice provided and the actions taken are compliant with the internal requirements of the bank as well as compliant with external regulatory and statutory requirements, to ensure client's best interests are met and ensuring that business risk is minimised.
- Lead the client relationship with overall responsibility for identifying and meeting client needs and ensuring liaison with all appropriate parts of the Group in order to ensure first class standards of service.
- Provide advice and support on financial planning and banking need areas, referring to other product specialists where required and overall, ensuring that all business opportunities are maximised in line with client's best interests.
- Achieve objectives across all dimensions of the Balanced Scorecard.
- Conduct meetings with clients in an agreed manner, providing holistic financial advice for new and existing, individual and corporate clients, to review and meet their immediate and on-going financial needs.
- Adhere to the company's minimum standards as set out in the Professional Standards Framework.
- Work closely with introducers (internal and external) in order to maintain good working relationships and ensure a high standard of new introductions.
- Maintain levels of professional standing and competence in line with the business and regulatory requirements.
- Demonstrating commitment to the Group's Values, behaviours and Codes of Responsibility.
- Comfortable challenging and influencing stakeholders at grade G and above
- Able to deputise for colleagues at grade F
- Undertake complex reviews/analyses in terms of scale, scope and specialism
- Typically provides leadership of projects and risk reviews
- Recognised by peers as a high level subject matter expert - ability to be sole representative for the area.
In return you'll enjoy the freedom and flexibility to focus on your clients' individual needs, whilst being part of a wider team infrastructure that ensures full service excellence is delivered at all times. As well as a wide range of development opportunities, we're committed to providing a compelling reward package which offers flexibility and choice:
In addition to the salary range quoted, this role offers a company car (or allowance), private medical care and contributory pension contributions as well a total reward package that offers the option to choose an additional cash lump sum or pick from a wide range of benefits including childcare vouchers, holiday trading, matched learning fund, dental plan, retail vouchers and a range of discounted financial and protection products. You will also have full support to assist you in meeting personal and professional objectives and development goals.
Our culture within Wealth & Private Banking brings together smart, talented, people from diverse backgrounds that enjoy a collaborative and innovative environment supporting flexible and agile working.
Your qualifications and experience
You must be qualified to Level 4 (Diploma in Regulated Financial Planning). Ideally you'll already have, or be working towards, Level 6 but support may be available to complete this Advanced Diploma. Whether your background is in Independent Financial Advice, or with another bank or financial institution, pensions experience is essential. You must also demonstrate a considered approach, with the ability to construct written reports and clearly explain options and potential outcomes.
This role is subject to the terms of the Senior Managers, Senior Insurance Managers and Certification Regimes as required by industry Regulators. For further information