Senior Professional Development Officer (Maternity Cover) 3 days per week (21 hours)
WHO WE ARE AND OUR JOB IN BRIEF
The Institute of Fundraising (IoF) is the preeminent professional membership organisation for charitable fundraising in the U.K, with over 6,000 individual and 600 organisational members. A key part of the organisation is the IoF Academy which provides qualifications and training to equip members, and the wider sector, with knowledge and skills to better enable them to raise funds for charitable causes. This role sits within our Academy.
This year is an exciting time for us, involving a journey towards achieving Chartered Status, and innovative change projects including a new CRM system and website.
We are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Senior Professional Development Officer (SPDO) as a maternity cover to commence employment from 6th August 2019. In this role you will provide operational leadership across our three-tier qualifications framework.
In addition to engaging with our Chief Examiner, External Examiner and Approved Faculty to ensure our qualifications are of the highest quality, you will also support learners through exceptional customer service and learning journey management through our Blackboard Learning Management System.
Joining a small focused team including a Professional Development Assistant (PDA) and another SPDO to deliver learning interventions of the highest quality. You will also provide project management, process and policy oversight, and supervision of junior staff to deliver the highest levels of customer service.
You must have excellent communication skills and be adaptable, well organised, and able to work without supervision and maintain a proactive approach.
You will ideally have experience working within an Awarding Body/Higher Education Institution providing qualifications, as well as possess experience of using Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard or Moodle.
Are you free for the initial interview on 28th May 2019 and would you like to join us on this journey for up to a year? PLEASE READ ON!
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please click on the 'APPLY' button which will take you to our website. Only direct applicants. No agencies please.
DETAILED JOB PURPOSE
Supporting the Head of Professional Development, the SPDO will have end to end operational responsibility for our three-tier qualifications framework (blended and online) including our Blackboard Learning Management System (LMS) and other processes and policies. The SPDO will also be responsible for liaising with our Chief Examiner, Exam Board and tutors to ensure the content of our qualifications is of the highest quality, as well as managing the qualifications results process in our capacity as an awarding body. Finally, the SPDO will supervise a Professional Development Assistant (PDA) to ensure the successful delivery of key projects which will include additional oversight of logistics, evaluation and monitoring of a range of professional development services including the annual graduation.
- To be a key point of contact for the Chief Examiner, External Examiner and the faculty and to arrange Faculty Meetings and Exam Board.
- To co-ordinate the assessment and examination processes for all IoF qualifications
- Management of all qualifications procedures including scheduling, moderation, submissions, record keeping, tutor allocation, resubmissions, extensions, appeals and withdrawals.
- Provide day to day support and advice to students and the faculty
- Cross-departmental interaction to ensure qualifications are promoted effectively across multiple channels
- Oversee the potential Diploma in Fundraising syllabus review with the HOPD in collaboration with the faculty and review board (project likely to commence late 2019).
- To be a first point of contact for bursary applications and scholarships
- Management of all content on our Blackboard LMS and utilising our current CRM (Integra/Open Engage) to manage qualifications data in accordance with data protection laws
- Liaising with third party technology suppliers to troubleshoot issues where necessary
- Work with the PDA to ensure the online and offline versions of the Introduction to Fundraising are delivered and administered the highest standard (in partnership with volunteer groups where applicable)
- Work with the PDA and other SPDO to ensure approved tutors, trainers and regional trainers are delivering content of the highest quality
- To utilise feedback across all academy products and services to support continuous quality improvements
- To ensure accurate financial records are kept for all expenditure across qualifications, and accurate reporting of income and net surplus performance
- Working with colleagues, ensure the IoF Academy pages of the website are maintained, customer emails are responded to and bookings are administered promptly
- Undertake occasional work out of hours (TOIL can be claimed)
- Any other tasks as requested by the Head of Professional Development
DETAILED PERSON SPECIFICATION
Experience & Skills
- Experience of managing qualifications with an awarding body (essential) and short professional courses (desirable)
- Experience of working with subject matter experts to maintain and develop learning content
- Experience of faculty/speaker acquisition and dealing with senior level people
- Experience of topic development, research and copy writing.
- Experience working in a customer facing environment (essential)
- Experience or demonstrable knowledge of the charity sector and/or fundraising and/or professional associations.
- Experience of using communication systems (email, phone etc.)
- Experience managing budgets and tracking income and expenditure
- Experience of using MS office applications
- Experience using Learning Management Systems
- A confident self-starter with strong organisational and planning skills.
- Strong communication and people skills.
- Excellent written skills.
- Eye for detail and accuracy.
- Ability to prioritise workload, meet deadlines and work on own initiative.
- Able to work under pressure with ability to find solutions.
- Diplomatic, energetic and unflappable.
- Excellent customer service skills on the phone, in person and in writing.
- An understanding of and commitment to the values of the voluntary sector.
- Flexibility and a desire to work in a co-operative, collaborative way with other individuals and teams within the organisation.
- Able to work outside office hours on occasions
Please click the apply button below for further details and to make your application.