Business Performance Manager, Open to flexible working
Agile Working Options
Other Agile Working Arrangements / Open to Discussion
Job Description Summary
There is a fantastic opportunity to be part of a new management team in Customer Financial Assistance where we are growing our team of colleagues who support customers in financial difficulty, including those of a complex and vulnerable nature. It’s a really exciting time to be joining our team as we are in the first phase of changing the way in which we deliver support to our customers and introducing a clearer career path for our colleagues.
As well as having strong capability and experience of leading teams, a healthy dose of common sense and tenacity will be required as we ‘test and learn’ elements of our new proposition to ensure fully fit for purpose and driving the right outcome for customers each and every interaction.
This will also be a highly developmental role with reporting line direct to head of function.
What you'll be doing...
- Plan and manage support to a defined area (s) of the business unit, participating as a member of the assigned business team and ensuring the provision of an efficient operation which meets customer needs.
- Positively influence others by demonstrating core LBG values and behaviours
- Provide insightful information, guidance and advice to influence business decisions which enables business area to gain a full understanding of the implications linked to their decisions.
- Establish and build relationships with stakeholders to support the provision of quality and timely information and analysis to inform business decisions and optimise business results
- Obtain information from and deliver information to other business units, agreeing outputs and deliverables and identifying process enhancements to meet operational efficiency
- Define user requirements and test/implement computer systems, processes, procedures, products or services, ensuring these support operational efficiency and provide data to meet the changing needs of the business
- Support or assume responsibility for agreed change projects, coordinating plans and resources to achieve agreed deliverables and continuous improvement within the required time, cost and quality parameters.
- Manage a high performing team developing colleagues through stretching objectives, feedback and coaching
- Co-ordinate the preparation of information for the planning, budgeting and forecasting process, ensuring assigned business areas are aware of their performance and any variance from agreed targets.
- Ensure the technical accuracy of all models used by team members so that effective analysis takes place for the business areas supported.
- Identify, review, evaluate and mitigate potential risks ensuring adherence to relevant risk policies and frameworks or to ensure compliance with internal/external regulations
- Likely to be managing a large number of staff providing guidance and support on more complex activities than the typical EL role.
What you'll need ...
- ability to coach own team and across matrix operation
- Stakeholder management at grade G and above
- Scope of influence external to own function
- Influencing change and some longer term thinking
- Complex processes in terms of scale, scope and specialism with a cross-divisional impact; recognised SME
- Ability to provide structured guidance