Employee Relations Manager
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen. The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm.
We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications. Our people and our clients are at the heart of everything we do, the success of our firm depends on both. Our people and client experience team is made up of a broad range of HR generalists and specialists working across the full spectrum of the employee lifecycle as well as the client experience team who work hard to make sure we provide a quality service to our clients. We work closely with our business to attract, recruit, retain, develop and grow our people and create the best possible experience for our clients. You’ll be part of a team who provides key support and expertise to a wide range of internal and client-facing teams across our firm. Your work will contribute to the bigger picture and you’ll enjoy impacting on the success of our firm and shaping a vibrant economy.
The Employee Relations Manager role sits within the People & Clients experiences team for Grant Thornton and will ideally be based out of Reading with the expectation to travel to other UK offices when required.
What you’ll be doing:
- provide advice, guidance and support to Business Leaders, the People Advisory team and other People & Culture Centres of Excellence on Employee Relations and change management, as required
- project manage a range of assignments, including but not limited to, TUPE acquisitions and disposals, business transfers outside of TUPE, restructures, redundancies, process reviews, national consultation programmes and cultural shift
- oversee and provide Employee Relations support on grievances and appeals
- advise on and provide a range of conflict resolutions
- advise on complex long-term sickness absence
- networks and researches appropriately to keep up to date on what is happening in the employee relations/employment law field to bring and share best practice insight in to the team.
- develops strong consultative relationships with key stakeholders
- surfaces issues/focuses the debate on what matters and provides clear, robust and commercial technical advice to key stakeholders
- responds and demonstrates agility in responding to key stakeholders’ requirements
- advises, supports and coaches people managers to improve confidence and competence when assessing, pre-empting and dealing with employee relation and change situations
- advises and coaches the People Advisory team and people managers on how to reach fair informal and formal resolutions to potential conflict situations and employee relations cases
- supports individuals, teams and managers to successfully adjust and integrate during change programmes
- ensures that Employee Relations policies can be implemented and operated in a way which provides the desired business outcomes while being fair and consistent for our people
- project manages small scale TUPE disposals and acquisitions, whilst supporting the delivery of large TUPE disposals and acquisitions
- advises and supports as needed to facilitate any organisational changes, including business restructures, redundancies, relocations, etc
- advises and supports people managers in understanding policies and practices and supports them in dealing with grievance and conflict situations in line with the firm's policies and the legal framework
- manage appeals in line with the firm’s policies and legal framework
- reviews and implements policies in line with legislation and best practice
- manages our risk, assessing and judging non-financial as well as financial outcomes
Who we're looking for:
To be consider for the position ideally you would have the below experience;
- CIPD qualified (minimum requirement)
- Track record of delivery in a HR business partnering or operational HR role with technical experience in:
- disciplinaries and capabilities
- grievances and appeals
- negotiated exits
- restructures and redundancies
- culture change
- process and policy reviews
- Track record which demonstrates ability to build excellent advisory relationships and manage and develop others
- Proven project management skills
- Commercial awareness
- Facilitation skills
Passionate about supporting, advising and helping businesses achieve their potential, you’ll be someone who wants to make a difference and shape your career and a Vibrant Economy. You’ll have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients with quality services. You should be commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions. You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues. You must also share our CLEARR values – Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes – moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.