Business Development Manager - open to flexible working
Working closely with the Industry head (and sub-sector heads), you will develop and drive the go to market approach for that industry for the mid-market (£50m to £1bn organisations), through lead generation and new revenue creation by being out in the marketplace, identifying opportunities and ensuring a consistent XLOS approach to market.
Markets and clients
- Generates leads and new opportunities for the industry group across all service lines in the mid-market (£50m to £1bn organisations)
- Responsible and accountable for external client facing business development activities
- Sets up and attends new business meetings with clients and targets with key decision makers including the “C-Suite” in client/target organisations
- Working with the relevant partners/directors, establishes and implements a business development strategy for the industry group
- Coordinates and works with partners/directors to develop XLOS propositions to take to market
- Drives the target pipeline and manages opportunities (bringing in the Bid team where appropriate)
- Proactively develops and manages a personal network of intermediary and other business introducer contacts in the market.
- Attends client, target and intermediary events. Ensures effective follow up on these events
- Works with the marketing team to ensure that the firm’s insight, thought leadership and marketing campaigns are properly targeted, driven and deliver return on investment
- Leads by example and coaches partners and their teams on business development and pipeline management.
- Ensures all business development activity are recorded on the firm's CRM system (InterAction) so accurate management information and sales reports can be produced.
- Reviews the activities of partners/directors in the sector and reports to Head of the Industry group monthly. Ensures accuracy of sales reports sent to the Heads of London Business units
- Is accountable and able to demonstrate the relationship management, revenue conversion, return on investment (ROI) and speed to market activities undertaken
- Shares/contributes ideas and best practice/insights to the wider BD community.
- Plays an active role in Industry group and wider BD team and contributes to positive morale
- Works collaboratively across all areas within the team to maximise our contribution to the firm and to clients
- Leads, inspires, coaches and develops others in line with the firm's vision and values
- Works in line with the firm's CLEARR values, of collaboration, leadership, excellence, agility, respect and responsibility
- Seeks regular feedback and identifies and acts upon learning and development needs in order to develop technical and personal skills
- Completes a timely performance review and personal development plan.
- Provides accurate management information and sales reports on a timely basis to partners and Head of business unit.
- Is able to identify, quantify and evidence personal origination/ business development outcomes and demonstrate ROI.
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Marketing or sales/ business development qualification i.e. or marketing /business degree.
- A strong track record of developing, implementing and delivering agreed fee income targets
- A strong commercial awareness and the ability to engage with and influence key decision makers at a senior level, to identify new business opportunities with both new prospects and existing clients
- Thorough understanding and demonstrable application of lead generation, sales and or client management activity and proposal/bid management
- Proven track record of working to a revenue target
- Strong communication and influencing skills
- Strong project management experience
- Ability to manage own time and complete multiple tasks/assignments with potentially competing deadlines
- Proven experience of coaching and mentoring teams on BD best practice within a professional services environment
- Able to demonstrate a strong B2B sales and marketing experience, gained within a professional service, financial services or similar industry
- Previous experience in a similar role in business support services
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.
Please click the apply button for further details and to make your application.