Ethics Manager / Senior Manager, National Quality Risk Management - open to flexible working
The Ethics & Financial Crime Team, part of Deloitte’s National Quality and Risk Management Group (NQRM), is recruiting an Ethics Manager / Senior Manager. The role will focus on Ethics matters, specifically Ethics investigations, but also contribute to other Ethics initiatives.
Within Ethics, you will be a key member of a team that is responsible for ensuring that our people have the right tools and support to make the right decisions, however difficult the situation may be. You will work closely with the Ethics Partner and Ethics Director to meet the requirements and objectives of senior management. You will have a particular focus on dealing with ethical concerns and complaints, but alongside the rest of the team, you will work on developing the support framework to allow all partners and staff to comply with the firm’s ethical principles. The team strives to help develop ethical decision-making skills in all our people and to promote ethics and integrity as critical to the firm’s success in the marketplace.
Deloitte encourages its employees to report wrongdoing so that we can tackle poor behavior and other allegations. While Deloitte is regarded as an ethical organization, as with any large employer, from time to time, issues do arise. Concerns are reported into the Ethics team from various sources including our well-established Speak Up line, and need to be investigated. The work is interesting but highly sensitive.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the Ethics Partner and Ethics Director to meet the requirements and strategic objectives set by senior management. You will have a particular focus on dealing with ethical concerns and complaints
- Dealing with Inquiries and Complaints and liaising with Reporters.
- Involvement with Ethics investigations under the direction of the Ethics Partner and Director.
- Producing Ethics Management Information for presentation to senior stakeholders.
- Collaborating with team members and colleagues across North West Europe to ensure that the UK team is in compliance with Deloitte’s global Ethical standards.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of training programmes.
- Liaising with Human Resources, Risk colleagues, Legal and other stakeholders.
- Managing EthicsPoint, our Speak Up line, in a timely and efficient manner, to maximize employees’ faith in the system.
- Working within a small yet diverse team within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Location: London with occasional domestic and international travel.
This is a Permanent full-time role.
Your professional experience
- A keen interest in matters of an ethical or socially responsible nature is essential.
- The highest professional standards - particularly regarding respecting the confidentiality of individuals and the Firm.
- The ability to make calm, reasoned decisions, seeking advice as appropriate..
- Strong presentation skills. Including business writing.
- Sound interpersonal skills in order to liaise with staff and partners at all levels of the firm in a collegiate way in challenging circumstances.
- Confidence in working with stakeholders across different parts of the firm.
- The ability to handle complex queries on a daily basis and to take ownership for such queries through to their resolution.
- Confidence in presenting, including delivering training sessions would be advantageous.
- You may have a background in Human Resources, People Management or Law, however, your wider experience, together with interest in ethical matters is more important than specific qualifications.
Your service line
Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career
Our Purpose & Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
What do we do?
Deloitte offers global integrated professional services that include Audit & Assurance, Consulting, Financial Advisory, Risk Advisory and Tax Consulting. Our approach combines intellectual leadership, industrial expertise, insight, consulting & problem solving capabilities whatever the role, technology revolutions and innovation from multiple disciplines to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
Beyond the UK: North West Europe within a Global firm
UK and Switzerland, Belgium, the Netherlands and the Nordics (Denmark, Finland, Iceland, Norway and Sweden) have combined to create a new Deloitte North West Europe firm on 1 June 2017. This is to support our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services and to increase our global influence and lead in EMEA.
A broader geographical shape will create new career development opportunities, helping us develop the very best talent across the region and the world.
What do we value?
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements. Hear from some of our people already working at Deloitte in agile ways. We are proud to have earnt a Top 10 place on the 2017 list of Top 30 Employers for Working Families and to have been in their Top 10 for seven consecutive years. Additionally we received the Working Families Best for All Stages of Motherhood special award in 2016.
Being a Leader at Deloitte
Cultural fit and purpose-led leadership is crucial for Deloitte. Our leaders always set the example and inspire their colleagues. They make quality time for people and take an interest in them. They know what matters to people - both inside and outside work – and value them as individuals; always finding opportunities to develop them while showing respect and appreciation.
We expect colleagues at all levels to embrace and live our purpose and our leadership culture by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters. We know leadership comes in all shapes and sizes, but we require five leadership imperativesfrom all of our people:
- We live our purpose: we act as a role model, embracing and living our purpose and values, and recognising others for the impact they make
- We develop talent: we develop high-performing people and teams through challenging and meaningful opportunities
- We drive performance: we deliver exceptional client service; maximise results and drive high performance from people while fostering collaboration across businesses and borders
- We believe positive influence can make an impact that matters: we influence clients, teams, and individuals positively, leading by example and establishing confident relationships with increasingly senior people
- We move, together, towards a strategic direction: we understand key objectives for clients and Deloitte, aligning people to objectives and setting priorities and direction
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 164884