Senior Manager, Personal Independence, Quality, Risk and Security - open to flexible working
An exciting opportunity exists for a senior manager to become part of the Personal Independence Team within National Quality & Risk Management (NQRM). We are looking for an individual who is solutions-focused, has strong analytical and project management skills, and who wants to be part of a diverse and dynamic team. This position will provide a great opportunity to play a vital role in enabling Deloitte to serve its clients whilst managing risk and protecting our reputation and brand.
Play an integral and visible role within the firm – The Personal Independence team is responsible for providing critical support to the firm and its practitioners in respect of all personal independence matters.
The role offers a unique opportunity to work with individuals at all levels across the firm, providing technical advice and guidance in respect of their personal financial circumstances to ensure that they maintain their and the firm’s independence. You will also be involved in: the implementation of new personal independence policies; responding to internal and external regulators; monitoring our systems of quality control; improving the efficiency and effectiveness of our systems and processes; and educating the practice on key personal independence areas.
You will have regular exposure to the most senior levels of the firm's management, including high visibility among the senior partners of the business as well as contacts across Deloitte North West Europe (NWE) and the global Deloitte network (DTTL). In addition, the role offers opportunities to work collaboratively with other Risk Management groups across the Quality, Risk & Security community, both within the UK and the NWE network.
Given the importance of personal independence and the increased scope and focus of our regulators, this role offers exciting opportunities for the right person whilst gaining and broadening an understanding of auditor independence requirements.
- Interpreting, applying and providing technical advice on personal independence policies and regulation for partners and professional staff at all levels within the business.
- Project management of core strategic work streams and other key projects, delivering high quality outputs within agreed timescales.
- Educating and raising awareness of existing and new personal independence requirements for partners and professional staff
- Developing technical material, policy and guidance, for firm-wide distribution.
- Responding to regulatory requests and findings from our regulators and ensuring implementation of any proposed actions.
- Overseeing and monitoring our systems, processes and procedures ensuring that we meet our requirements and deliver quality at the highest levels.
- Working with the Independence Team Leaders; the Director of Independence and the Ethics Partner, to address strategic independence issues
- Managing diverse teams within an inclusive team culture where people are recognised for their contribution.
- Coaching and developing junior team members.
Your work, your choice
How long does impact take? How long is a piece of string? How many seconds does a solution contain? How can we possibly tell? After all, impact can be huge or small. Immediate or years in the making. At Deloitte we believe the best impact is the value we add, not the hours we sit at our desk.
We, therefore, carefully consider agile ways of working, both formal and informal, that allow for the best impact for our people and our clients. If the working pattern you are looking for is not specifically indicated below, we are happy to discuss alternative arrangements.
Suggested work pattern: Permanent full-time
Your professional experience
Successful applicants will be/have:
- A compliance, risk, audit or independence background
- Previous knowledge of personal independence regulations would be beneficial but is not a requirement
- Understanding of a regulatory environment and ability to interpret and apply technical rules in a practical way
- Ability to manage senior Partner relationships and other stakeholders across the firm
- Ability to deliver complex projects under time pressure
- Strong project management, analytical, consultative, decision making and organisational skills
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to work accurately under time pressure
- Strong report writing skills and attention to detail
- Experience of successfully coaching and managing people
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong IT skills in Microsoft Office packages
Your service line
Quality, Risk and Security
The Quality, Risk and Security (QRS) community is an overarching identity for all of the professionals who manage quality and risk for Deloitte. It comprises: Deloitte Business Security (DBS), National Quality and Risk Management (NQRM), Quality & Risk Operations (QR Ops), and Service Line Quality and Risk Management teams (including Switzerland), and is led by a dedicated partner who sits on the firm’s Executive.
Within QRS, we use our skills and experience across a variety of disciplines to support a risk intelligent culture at Deloitte; enabling our partners and practitioners to deliver high quality services to their clients, minimising the administrative burden on our people, and acting as custodians of firm risk, security, ethics and reputation.
Our collaborative and innovative culture, multi-disciplinary approach and wide range of development opportunities makes QRS an exciting and fast-paced place to develop your career.
Deloitte LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in England and Wales with registered number OC303675 and registered office at 2 New Street Square, London, EC4A 3BZ. Deloitte LLP is the United Kingdom affiliate of Deloitte NWE LLP, a member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee (“DTTL”), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities.
Requisition code: 165088