Product Owner, Corporate Functions - open to flexible working
The Manager, Product Owner for Corporate Functions is accountable for increasing value, improving flow and enhancing quality for the respective product domain. Each Product Owner is accountable for the products owned by their business unit and to manage the product life-cycle. You are responsible for understanding the end user needs/journey and developing the products in their domain. You will review and manage the product backlog, estimating value and prioritizing delivery for the products in their domain.
You will lead a team of individual contributor Product Owners and Product Experts and will be required to provide leadership over a product portfolio spanning 3 core areas: Corporate Secretariat, Global Communications and Government Affairs & Corporate Security. In practice - Corporate Functions is split into two persistent teams: one team for Corporate Security and the other Communications and Secretariat products.
You will ensure that real problems are solved for the customer groups and that high value technology solutions are delivered from a user centric stand point.
• Strategy: Collaborate with business customers and end users to develop, deliver and maintain the products within their respective product domain.
• Account management: Accountable for managing the product backlog and prioritizing all Tech services within their respective product domain, ensuring continuous feedback from business customers and end users.
• Governance: Establish and lead Business Governance bodies, provide oversight and establish business value, manage overall delivery and service performance and manage business risk.
• Business Process: Design the optimal set of products and services which meets the business strategy and requirements.
• Quality, Risk & Compliance: Accountable for ensuring all products supporting the business are compliant with internal security, risk management policies and practices, external regulatory and statutory requirements e.g. GxP, SARBOX and that Tech continuity plans are in place for all business critical products
• Service Management: Accountable for ensuring the right services levels are in place and maintained in line with business need and the appropriate responses made to Voice of the Process(VOP) and Voice of the Customer(VOC).
• Process Improvement: Accountable for driving ongoing product and business process improvements adopting a mixture of waterfall, hybrid and agile methodologies as appropriate.
• Change & Release management: Manage change activity, including Software as a Service delivered change, into the production service in a compliant and efficient manner
• Integrations & Technical: Ensure data passing from upstream systems or providers (i.e. Workday) or to downstream systems (i.e. Global ERP) through integrations is efficient, accurate and secure. This also includes building reporting capabilities that support both operational reporting as well as analytic reporting. Partner with Solutions Architect to ensure technical excellence in the development and delivery of new products. Partner with third parties or in house app development teams and ensure teams are staffed with the right resources to deliver.
• People Management: Accountable for line managing staff supporting the system(s) and to ensure ongoing succession planning to maintain business, through a mixture of GSK employees, augmented/contingent workers and strategic suppliers.
• Product Management: Accountable for the product strategies for a number of COTS, SaaS and Bespoke applications, ensuring aligned product roadmaps. Ensures clear customer personas, problem statements and agile narratives are developed and empowers direct reports (product owners and experts) to priorities backlogs
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Closing date for applications: COB - 29th of April 2019
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Degree in IT, Computing or relevant
• Experience in major global Tech organization
• Track record in successful Tech strategy development, solution design, programme and product delivery and service management
• Track record in a Product Management role and familiarity with agile ways of working
• Track record in delivering business value, through solving high priority business problems with effective technology solution
• Experience of vendor management in particular Tech/BPO outsourcing
• Excellent relationship management, strong influencing and communication skills including at a senior level
• Experience with Corporate applications (Legal, Compliance, Secretariat, Security) would be advantageous
• Line management experience
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery for strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.