Portfolio Performance Analyst, open to flexible working
We have an exciting opportunity to join GSK as the Portfolio Performance Analyst! This is a great opportunity for someone with experience in delivering projects following the Agile methodology and aspire to move into a role where they can impact change and have a voice in the future roadmap of the function
You will develop and maintain the GA&D Tech Portfolio system and processes in line with the VFQ/Agile model, to support the GA&D Tech LT and Product Owners with decision making and major events such as Big Room/Strategic Planning cycle commitments for 1+3. The role holder will be supporting a portfolio of over £200m, and must be able to build credible engagement with Product Owners within & outside of GA&D Tech.
• You will be responsible for designing, configuring and maintaining a portfolio management system and business reporting mechanism, which will provide transparent view of the health of the portfolio and support key decision making
• You will work with the GA&D Tech Product Owner teams to capture, update & maintain the broad Portfolio of initiatives x-GA&D consuming capacity and workload
• You will be responsible for performing analysis on the portfolio and producing insights and metrics to drive actionable improvements & make recommendations aligned to the business strategies
• You will be expected to continually develop evolving & creative digital dashboard reporting techniques & tools to anticipate areas of focus, data sources & deliver value
• You will assume a subject matter expert role with the implementation and operational usage of the portfolio management system and its data governance
• As part of your role, you will advocate and be a champion of the portfolio management system and processes; deliver training & education to the GA&D team and support them in a collaborative way to secure overall consistency of usage, data accuracy and adequacy of the system as GA&D further mature on its VFQ journey
• You will support ad-hoc requests for information or data through applying data mining & analysis skill sets to support KPI objectives, Leadership Team statistics or cross-departmental data roll ups
• You will support readiness towards major SVPs level events such as OneBRP
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Closing date for applications: COB - 1st of May 2019
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
• BSc(Hons) Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or ERP/Finance/HR/Procurement or equivalent
• Experience in working in a fast pace, and complex portfolio or large PMO office
• Technical skills in either Software development and/or Project Management.
• Background in creation and of use of dashboard through digital tools such as PowerBI
• Highly skilled in Excel & other data digital tools such as (SharePoint, PowerApp, PowerBI, Qlik) and have a strong desire to continuously learn
• Hands on tech experience in Life Sciences or FMCG industries
• Strong Communications and interpersonal skills, open and challenging mindset, flexible thinking, analytic with good attention to detail and able to work within a fast pace environment
• Value Flow Quality (VFQ) and/or Agile knowledge and experiences
• Atlassian skill sets (Experiences with using or configuring Jira and its family of products)
• Demonstrable Business Partnering experience
• Change Management experiences
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is a world leading research-based pharmaceutical company that combines both individual talent and technical resources to create a platform for the delivery for strong growth in a rapidly changing healthcare market. Our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.