Director, Regional Process Excellence - open to flexible working
We are searching for an exceptional Director, Regional Process Excellence who can make a positive difference to the regional HR Operations team, the broader GSK and who can motivate and inspire others to the same.
GSK is changing and our agenda is exciting and transformational. Our CEO Emma Walmsley is two years into her tenure and is driving a strategy aligned to Innovation, Performance and Trust. Alongside this, the HR function is also changing, particularly in HR operations. HR operations makes up a huge 80% of the function and is accountable for everything from start to finish in the employment journey. This role is part of the region of GBINA (UK, US, Ireland and Canada) which is the largest region in HR and delivers a service to over 35,000 GSK employees.
Come and join the team! Together we can make a positive difference to our GSK employee's experience and in turn, enable them to change the lives of our patients and consumers around the world.
WHAT IS YOUR JOB PURPOSE?
As the Director, Regional Process Excellence you will deliver process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across the GBINA region. You will foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of leading-edge continuous improvement methodologies to deliver business transformation. The position is accountable to the business for the operational effectiveness of critical HR processes. You will ensure that processes drive the expected business benefit and improves overall efficiencies and employee experiences. The role will deliver substantial cost savings each year based on improvements.
You will interact with key stakeholders in HR and other areas to ensure the team is delivering in alignment with the strategies and priorities of the business. You will lead a team of process excellence professionals and will pursue leading edge technology and innovative process improvement strategies that deliver a stellar customer experience.
This role will report to the Head of HR Customer Service.
WHAT ARE YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES?
• Identify, plan and implement key regional projects to make bold improvements in quality, cost reduction, productivity increases and improvement in cycle times that result in business improvement and an enhanced customer experience.
• Complete several impactful regional improvement projects each year that address significant customer and/or HR pain points. Each project will deliver substantial cost savings and/or improvements in customer experience.
• Partner with cross-functional service teams to understand issues and challenges with current processes and to plan an improved future state.
• Partner with Regional Technology, Tech and Global Process Owners to plan and implement needed system/process enhancements.
• Lead the regional governance over process service delivery and issue resolution. Set challenging targets and put clear plans in place to close gaps in performance.
• Embed and grow a continuous improvement mindset and capability across the region.
• Create a clear vision for the Process Excellence team. Recruit highly capable talent with the potential to progress within the organization.
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Please apply via our online portal providing your CV and Cover Letter.
Please ensure you apply before COB 30th April 2019 to ensure you're in the running!
(Please take a personal copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available online post closure of the advert)
During the course of your application you will be requested to complete voluntary information which will be used in monitoring the effectiveness of our equality and diversity policies. Your information will be treated as confidential and will not be used in any part of the selection process.
If you require a reasonable adjustment to the application / selection process to enable you to demonstrate your ability to perform the job requirements, please contact 0808 234 4391. This will help us to understand any modifications we may need to make to support you throughout our selection process.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Current Lean Six Sigma Certification (or other relevant continuous improvement methodology)
• Project Management accreditation and experience leading complex projects
• Understanding of Agile methodology and ways of working
• Demonstrated experience leading large scale (regional or global) continuous improvement initiatives and implementation of strategies resulting in clear cost/efficiency benefits for the company
• Ability to influence and establish positive cross-functional working relationships across HR and Tech organizations
• Adopt a "customer-in" approach to process design. Stay close to the end user experience and perspective.
• Sound understanding of process simplification and standardization and proven experience in regional or global implementations
• Excellent leadership and communication skills and ability to deliver change within a matrixed team
• Knowledge of relevant technology that aid in process improvement and governance (e.g. project management software, QlikView dashboards, etc.)
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
You will join GSK's vision to do more, feel better and live longer:
Find out how you can do this .
WHO WILL I BE WORKING WITH?
Click here to meet your team.
HOW DO I DEVELOP MY CAREER?
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
• Play an important role in delivering our mission
• Be an essential part of diverse, global team
• Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You will also have regular personal development meetings with your line manager to give you the opportunity to create a fulfilling career at GSK.
HOW WILL I BE REWARDED?
The Total Reward Package offered is:
• Competitive Salary
• Competitive on Target Bonus
• 26-days paid holiday
• Personal Healthcare, with the option to purchase family cover
• GSK Pension
• Share & Save Schemes
• Total Reward Discounts
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.